Dyno Dynamics

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Driver72, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all,
    I've dynoed many cars but always on a Dynojet, which I know almost always reads high.
    But came across a shop owner today who wants to dyno my Hellcat (for free) on his shops Dyno Dynamics Dyno.
    He claims the Dyno Dynamics is a more accurate dyno than the DynoJet as the DynoJet is inertia based. IDK

But point is, I've heard of people needing to pull the ABS fuse or something.
    Is that the fuse I do need to pull? If so, what fuse number is it, and help me out here since i haven't looked, where is the fuse box on the Hellcat (under the hood, behind the glovebox, etc)?

Thanks

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Two of us just pushed and held the traction control/stability button until it chimes to all off Sunday. Seemed to dyno fine.

Some guy was attempting to tell me and the dyno operator that pulling the fuse starts a different ECU program that works better on the dyno. I think he was driving a ford. Wow the imagination of some never ceases to amaze me.

3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK thanks for the input.
    And that' s funny what that dude said to you.

4. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dyno dynamics are heartbreakers...... Don't expect high numbers like Dyno jets and others...
    Very accurate IMHO , but can be messed with like all dynos.

5. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

yeah, I'm don't care about inflated peak numbers like you often see on Dynojets.

I'm one to come onto this site saying, "I dynoed 690 rwhp yesterday, I have the "world's most powerful stock Hellcat" LOL
    Because unless every other Hellcat in the world dynoed on the exact same shop's dyno in very similar weather, making that claim is ludicrous.
    Kind of like drag strip results. ;)

So for me, even if the dyno dynamics list it at 610-615 rwhp, that's my baseline and is probably more accurate to these 707 hp (underrated by probably 15-20 hp) engines than the 660-670 rwhp we are seeing on DynoJet's when you factor in about 15% drivetrain loss. For those DynoJet's to be accurate, those 660-670 rwhp results we see, the stock engine would have to be making about 780 hp. And we all know it's not making that much.

But as the shop owner said, and you said, the Dyno Dynamics dyno is a lot more accurate than a Dynojet. If I decide to add power mods, I can always dyno again stock first add the mods and then see what my gains were. Thanks again.

PS: Noticed the fuse box is in the trunk. Any idea what is the ABS fuse if I decide or need to pull it?

6. HC MEOW

HC MEOW Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I dynoed mine on a Dyno Dynamics a couple of weeks ago. they opened up the air box and removed the air filter. It was a 55 degree day with fairly high humidity.

694.6 rwhp 656 torque

The operator had done over 2,300 cars on this dyno so should know what he is doing. He figured a minimum 760 at chank maximum 800.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^Wow that is not a very accurately calibrated dyno then either. These engines are making that much power stock.

What was your dyno number with the air box lid closed and the air filter in?
    A Dyno operator should not open an air box lid and/or remove the air filter for the dyno test UNLESS that was just to see if there would be an increase in the numbers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. charlotte HC

charlotte HC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fuse box is under the hood.

Fuse for ABS is #36

9. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks.
    I saw the fuse box under the hood too.
    I didn't take off either cover, but it seems there is a fuse box in the trunk too, next to the battery. Weird. :)