DYNO

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by PhantomWorks, Jan 5, 2016.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Heading to the DYNO today! I will post the results! On a side note a read an article today that the hellcat burns 1.5 gallons of gas a minute at WOT...oh how that warms my heart!

• Like Like x 1
  2. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those are some FUN numbers :D

I have to guess that you've done some "work" on the car. Could I be nosey and ask what's been done?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HC MEOW

HC MEOW Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Should be stock. I got 694.6 hp and 648 tq on the same make of dyno with 700 miles on mine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool!!!!!

6. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Stock, with 600 miles!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    KILLER!!! THANKS for the post. I hope that my replacement car makes numbers like that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Graycat, mustang dynos do run higher than most, but I will tell you these were high for even a mustang DYNO. Using a 15% drivetrain loss I expected to see around 650. Which would put me around 600 on a dynojet. So I am VERY IMPRESSED and would say that the numbers put out by dodge are underrated. I am not a scientist nor did I stay in a holiday inn and express. Just my opinion formed over time of being around dynos. Something else is those are uncorrected numbers which is even more impressive.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So even correcting for the Mustang dyno brand, you're suggesting at least ~764hp at the crank???

What altitude are you at, what gas, what pretty girl did you have rubbing the fender while the cat was making all this power???!!!

:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chris Mitchell....Thank you for the post. I didn't notice the type of dyno that you were using but I've heard the same thing about the mustang dynos. Regardless, those are some very good numbers. There are many folks
    that believe that the Hellcats were underated by Dodge.

I've got a "problem car" that Dodge is replacing with a 2016 Cat. I have a good place to "air out" my cars. In this
    same area I have gotten well over 200 in my bolt on and tuned 14 GT500. In fact that same car would do low to
    mid 190's in the same stretch and hold it for about 10 to 12 seconds before time to put on the binders. My cat
    would only do a max of 182 (posted photo in the TOP SPEED thread). I think that my current car was one of the
    few that were over rated. I hope that the new car will run and hope it makes more power than expected like yours
    does.

Congrats on getting a good car. You're lucky, you will get to enjoy that car while most of the rest of us are waiting on warm weather!

Thanks for the post!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was GIDDY!! I am at sea level, SHELL Gas (TIER 1 gas only for my car), pretty girl ; my wife of course! Everyone at the shop was so excited for the car which made even better!

• Like Like x 2
  12. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Graycat, that really bums me out! When are you due to get your new one? I have been in the Dodge family for a while and have heard that before about previous models to qoute them "it couldn't out run itself". I had a srt8 previously and it ran good too, so I feel blessed now. While your situation really stinks it is is good to know they are supporting their product and they are going to make it right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The temp was perfect too. Probably 55 degrees. The first pull the Hellcat actually spun on the rollers.

14. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like great numbers! But as already said, dynos are great for a tuning tool but that's about it. All dyno brands read differently. Dyno Jets always read higher than any Mustang dyno. On a Mustang dyno and those numbers will be lower...

15. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had an 09 SRT8 Challenger (M6) the 2015 Cat is an A8 but the stock SRT8 would just about run with the new
    Hellcat.

I'm dealing with ISG (Impartial Services Group, they handle the "lemon buy backs" and the replacement cars. I
    got a phone call today from them telling me that I should have a "VON" and a VIN very soon and that they expect
    the replacement car to be to me in four to five weeks. I hope that they are correct. I'll tell you, for the past two years I've been driving a 14 GT500, with bolt ons and tune the car makes 746 rwhp and 748 rwtq. Plus it's 600
    lbs lighter than the Hellcat. I know it's apples and oranges but I really expected more from the cat. It has been
    disappointing to say the least (performance wise) plus the car made 7 trips to the dealer in 2 months, the last
    trip was for a "spun" crank pulley. This happened on December 4th and the car is still waiting on a new motor.

Dodge only took one week to respond to my compliant and offer a new 2016 replacement so I'm not complaining
    about it. All manufacturers make good cars and all of them sometimes make a bad one. I got a bad one but it's
    getting taken care of.