E-85

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tweaked, May 4, 2016.

1. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So here in Texas E-85 is easy to get. I am trying to decide if I want to go cat delete and use Q-16 or keep the cats and run E-85. Problem I am having is finding a tuner for E-85. Can any one here put me in touch with an E-85 tuner? Opinions on which way to go are welcome also.

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most of the people I know that race competitively and went to E85 had issues and went back to race gas. Also remember that E85 out of a pump varies greatly in percentage of alcohol. I cant remember exactly but I think it can go down to as low as 55% and still be called E85. This will require you have a test kit when you fill and adjust your tune accordingly. E85 may require larger injectors.

If you are bent on E85 contact HHP.

Why not keep your cats and run MS-109? It is cat safe and 105 octane?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hhp does not tune for E-85. I have there race tune for 109. Looking for more power. Q 16 is hard to beat ran it for years in a Grand National. Cost of E-85 is why i am thinking of going this route. Can also get E-90

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say that 99.9% of the E85 tunes are done on HP tuners software, I know of one tuner that has gotten a car into the 9's .
    TC

5. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you do decide to go E 85.....I'd test every fuel load. As TNCHARGER said......the percentages can change quite a bit....and if you're squeezing very bit you can out of your motor.....best to know what you're feeding it and what percentages are acceptable to run with your tune.

6. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes tunes done on hp tuners software however high horse performance does not tune for E-85. I beleive Dr. Buick has gone nines on the corn. I need contact information on who is able to tune for E-85.

7. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tim Barth ( Barth Tuning) in Illinois , you do realize that you will need to have the PCM redone for HP Tuners and you most likely won't go any faster than what you have now?
    TC

8. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Why do you say I will not likely go any faster than what I have now. By the way thank you for the contact.

9. Top Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At the end of the day no one has run as well on E85 as the Q16 cars, I see some positives for E85 but to make that change you better do more than daily driving it or a few trips to the strip a year. Cost to daily drive doesn't warrant a change when good 93 is available cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tweaked

Tweaked Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hence part of the problem good cheap 93 not available in my area. Only good ole 90.