EBaY sales of Hellcats

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kevin M, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I urge all of you fellow members to go on Ebay and send a nice little "Kiss our ass" send off to these crooked dealers that are trying to gouge buyers. Enjoy your allocations while you got them you scam artists! I don't begrudge anyone from making a buck, but really?? Go F*** yourself and your dealership! Honest hard working people want to buy these cars and your trying to stick them where the sun don't shine.. What a joke of a business! Wake up, theres reputible dealers selling them all day at MSRP..

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Should we just copy and paste your example above and send it to all Ebay auctions for HC's on the site? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure 440 Superbee if your being sarcastic or how to take that? Hey, whatever you decide to do and feel, you go for it. I'm just trying to help fellow members perhaps get a car and to call out these scam artist dealers. I'm sure most on here would agree with my well served intentions. These are cars that are on Ebay, not necessarily on here for sale. Regardless, these dealers need to be called out.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are right KM, I looked at 1 Wed and they wanted 10 over. I bought one yesterday for MSRP. The first dealer said nobody is selling at MSRP, this is the hot car.. A-hole!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've noticed alot of them trying to sell at $80K or higher are not selling and being relisted multiple times. Others with a reserve are only going to about $70k-ish ($5-$10k over MSRP) and still not meeting reserve.. They really are not selling on there so these dealers are having them sit in thier inventory.

Hopefully Dodge is punishing them by not giving them more allocations as they stated they would.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Many of them keep getting re-listed as they did not sell the first round. Just a way to promote their dealership.
    Some of the Dealers like to have the cars on display. Kind of funny because they don't get anymore until they deliver the one they got. Maybe that is why they mark it up so much, as they only plan on one unit to sell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hellyes

hellyes Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "F" anyone trying to mark up this car over sticker, one of the best BS stories was the guy who claimed his wife was having a coniption because he bought a hellcat. Now he has to sell it for way more than he paid. Thats right blame it on the wife. True definition of "p" whipped or should I say Hell Cat whipped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    MSRP = Manufactures SUGGESTED Retail Price. They can charge what they want. What would you say if a bunch of people started emailing you and Dodge saying your not qualified to own a Hellcat. You can do what you want but the Dealers cant that seems fair?? As long as people want to pay over sticker dealers will continue to ask over sticker, when they cant sell at that price they will lower there price.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Actually I think a careful reading of the text would lead one to believe you do in fact begrudge them trying to make a buck, LOL! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mtr ...
    Yea I do Mtr.. At $10,000 to $20,000 over sticker, I do have an issue with that.. But hey if you or anyone else wants to go pay that or more, I say go for it and more power to ya..What I have an issue with regarding dealers like this, is that these are more than likely the same ones that have pulled the rug out from some legitimate buyer so they could jack the price up and sell it to the highest bidder. Not what Dodge intended! If I wanted this I would start buying cars from Barrett Jackson. I am familiar with one of those cars on EBAY, a friend called on it and they said all along it was a confirmed sold order.. I smell BS!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No comment, eyes wide shut

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jim Hetrick
    I'm well aware what MSRP stands for and I agree with you, as long as morons continue to pay over sticker because they think the sky is falling, than so be it, go for it! Let's remember, MSRP is a pre-determined fair market price for a said Good. Supply and demand obviously plays a part in that. However this is nothing more than greedy dealers taking advantage of the situation.. Tell me something, why aren't 95% of the legitimate dealers doing what your suggesting? I'll tell you why, its because they know its not right and its bad PR and exactly what Dodge doesn't want to see..

13. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is not about right, its simply about supply and demand. Let me tell you this, I have cancer and have about six months to live and I wanted a Hellcat right now so I can enjoy it as long as I can. I have always collected Mopars and have 6 hemi cars not counting the Hellcat. I dont want someone telling me I cant pay over sticker if I want, and I did. You want to be right, go volunteer somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  14. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    not everyone who pays a little more to get it now over waiting is a moron running around with the sky falling, not everyone is healthy, not everyone wants to give away time enjoying their dream car.....only today is promised to us.. live for today!

15. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A FAIR price, is what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller! Period! This is still America, you can ask what you want for what you own. No one is forcing anyone to pay their asking price.