SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Electronic exhaust valve - exactly how does this function

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  baabootoo 
#1 ·
I get the overall concept - valve is opening and closing to permit more or less of an exhaust note, but does anyone know exactly how this is functioning? By "how" I mean is the valve closed 80% by default, 50% in "sport" and fully open in "track". Has anyone seen this functioning out of the car? Myself, I can't seem to hear much difference, but the car only has 250 miles on it and I have not jumped on it due to break in procedure Still, when driving in default and track, I can't seem to tell much difference. Are these valves continually adjusted according to RPM, or are they fixed by "mode" and stay in that position?

#2 ·
I believe that valve is wide open during two instances at least....during cold start and wide open throttle. My car will wake the neighbors what I first start it in the garage! Pretty sure its position changes other than that is dependant on what mode you're in and throttle position....but exactly where/ what percent open/closed I have no idea,...

#5 ·
In Track mode they are held open, you'll hear a difference when driving (not at idle or low speeds).

Forget the break-in BS, it's been proven over and over to be a myth. I've pounded on mine (and ALL of my cars/motorcycles) from the 1st mile without issue. You're not going to really notice much difference is you're pussy-footing it.

Also after a few thousand miles, the note will get a tad louder (not by much) and a little deeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.