Exhaust

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT 392' started by Boggs, Dec 31, 2016.

1. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    K I'll check around!! It was 81* two days ago here!! That sucks u guys have to store your cars!!

2. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea it's 30 degrees here and it's forecast to snow tonight into tomorrow. Drag radials turn into solid rubber in anything below 40. It's a bummer but it's part of living in NY.

3. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    You made a good choice Boggs and I don't think that you'll regret it at all. I get a silly, big smile when I start Ruby up. She's got quite the amount of bass in her voice and just sings like a rock star at WOT! Nice burble when letting off of the gas and also when decelerating. It reminds me of a Winston Cup car.

We have the A8 and I was worried about drone without having mufflers or resonators, but there is less drone than there was stock. The build quality of the exhaust is fantastic too. It's mandrel bent (no piping kinks to restrict flow) and made with quality stainless. Last, but certainly not least is that it's backed by Steve and also it didn't hurt for me that he actually has a Hellcat with his product on.

By the way, I have No affiliation with Solo, other than being a Happy customer.

Congratulations Boggs and get ready for your face to hurt from smiling! :)

4. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    This is our SRT 392 with the Street/Race on it. It's not a Hellcat, but it gives you an idea of the tone. Sorry for the blurry video too. It was taken with my phone and I was just learning to use it (and I'm not much better with it now).

By the way, it's quite a bit louder in person and would probably be a bit louder on a Kitty.

http://vid196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/Im_FreddyG/Rubys_Bark.mp4

• Like Like x 2
  5. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Freddy I should be getting mine soon I have 2016 392 not a hellcat hope my car sounds close to Steves car but his is a cat with some work so crossing my fingers I'll post once its installed

6. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    We have the SRT 392 too and I think that you'll be Really Happy with how she'll sound!

Please keep us posted with your review of it. :)

7. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Freddy did you notice any low end torque or horse power loss after you put exhaust on

8. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Yes, it felt like I lost a bit of low end torque, but that's subjective to my SOTP (seat of the pants) dyno.

Before the exhaust was installed, the best that I could squeak out (100% stock on OEM Pirelli's) was a 4.5 0-60 time according to the timer.

After the exhaust, I managed to get her to a 4.3 0-60 run. I did it the same exact way (foot brake to 1300 rpm and then roll into the gas to prevent burning the tires. The tires squealed, but didn't light up. On the same road, similar temperature days (+ or - 10°), so that variable wasn't really that much of a factor.

If you keep going after 60 mph, that's when you can feel the exhaust going to work. It seemed to pull harder up top as the speed increased. I won't post what my speed got to, but it was well into triple digits and she wanted to go more, but common sense started taking over and it was time to use those big, beautiful six pot brakes that are so nice to look at! :D

With some drag radials, I think that I could get her into the 3.9 - 4 second range. That's pretty quick for a car of her size and weight!

I thought that part of it was because I did lose some of that over abundant, tire shredding torque on the bottom. I can tell you though, if I lost torque on the bottom, I gained some power up in the powerband. That's why it snaps, crackles and pops so much is because of the way that it lets the Hemi breathe.

Maybe this is all in my mind, but it is quicker after the exhaust was installed and that's hard to argue with and maybe I just got lucky with the 4.3 0-60 run. Either way, I don't care because Ruby is one fun and a Badazz car to cruise in!

To me, Ruby sounds like she looks now (not knocking the stock exhaust either because Dodge put the best sounding OEM exhaust on ANY car that I've ever heard. In my opinion, it was just improved by Solo).

There is no way it can't scavenge and breathe better because of it's bigger diameter, mandrel bent pipes and lack of mufflers and resonators.

Please let us know what you think when you get the Solo put on. :cheers:

9. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Freddy I should be getting it soon not sure when I'll get it on the car and drive it my car is usually stored all winter

10. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got my solo performance exhaust yesterday installed it today in the garage really nice exhaust very well made sounds sick as soon as weather breaks I'll pull it out of garage for a sound clip neighbor is gonna love me now :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I'm glad to hear that you like it. :) Once you get to drive your SRT, you'll smile even more!

Did you put the AES valves back in?

Did your neighbor hear it yet?

12. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No I'm not putting those valves back in it sounds sick I can't take it out still snow in driveway but I can assure you as soon as I can get it out they will here it Freddy thanks again for the info Freddy

• Like Like x 1
  13. FreddyG

FreddyG Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    You're Welcome and Sorry about the snow! It has the tendency to mess plans up (literally and I can relate)!

What did you do with the valves? Did you zip tie or wire them up to the exhaust or lengthen the wiring and put them in the trunk?

If you take them off, I would think that it would set off a code, but that's just my guess.

14. Boggs

Boggs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Freddy I just used the Swain fabrication kit and kept my valves under car and mounted them to my emergency brake cable with clamps I did that before with stock exhaust Never any lights on dash or any problems my car is not a daily driver and it's garage kept and I don't drive it in the rain unless I get caught in it while I have my car out exhaust sounds sick with out those values

15. sox

sox SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    How loud are the solo exhaust?

I have the solo in my jeep wk1 and its the best exhaust sound ever, realy!...... but for a "family-daily driver", its to loud on the rear for the kiddis.

I have the 2015 Charger SRT also, now i have the stock exhaust with valve and the magnaflow axel back, and its perfect, but i realy like the deep old muscel car sound from the solo!

Let my know.