Extended warranty and what is *really* covered

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by raabj0rn, May 19, 2016.

1. raabj0rn

raabj0rn Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay so after being a moron and actually buying the 100,000 mile extended warranty..

I have been trying to find information on what is actually covered under the extended warranty, and I have heard mixed things from dealerships.

The finance guy who *jobbed* me on it said its bumper to bumper...

But the service guy at a different dealership that I went to that I did not buy it from said interior parts and trim panels etc are not extended beyond 36,000.

Are there multiple levels of extended warranty and what it covers?

Or did I just piss $4,000 away on extending the power train and engine warranty?

At 190 miles, I am already experiencing seat leather issues...

I don't weigh over 200lbs and am always very careful getting in and out of the seats.

2. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Generally trim, glass, body panels, lenses, etc are not covered. I suggest you read your specific service contract for details.

3. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At $4k I would cancel it and purchase one through the two top warranty re sellers listed here - Do a Search

My Cat will be in soon and I will buy the Max Care Mopar 7 yr 75 or 85 K mile warranty with $100 deductible - I believe it was priced out at $2900 I have it at the office-

4. raabj0rn

raabj0rn Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How does one simply 'cancel' it if its already been signed as part of what I financed?

Can I really just cancel it and get my money back?

Boy would I love to be able to do that...

5. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most warranties can be canceled - look at your policy and read the cancellation clause -

Where did you finance the car/warranty from ? If through Dodge or Chrysler Credit- call them directly and ask them about it-

The dealership might try to give you the run around- they charged you full boat - in the world of dealership slang they took your head off-

If you just purchased the warranty in the last 2 weeks they may not even charge you to cancel it-

My understanding is that you have months and maybe up to 12 months to purchase a warranty for your car-

6. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did your dealership try to convince you into getting this warranty by tempting you with lower fin rates? Did not mean to offend you, but some of these dealers have 0 ethics and I had been conned by one weasel in the past. That A-h*** literally went to the extent by saying: "You scratch my back, and I shall scratch yours."

The worst part is that he was evidently selling the max care package and I was charged accordingly, but it turned out to be total care. I found out the hard way.

All the best and hopefully you could find a resolution to your satisfaction.

7. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I could cancel mine within thirty days for full refund and pro rated after that. Spin bought a tire and rim plan. Filed a claim when my rim was damaged and they denied the claim because it was cosmetic not structural. I got 675 back after four months

8. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The best "official" warranty you can get is the maximum care that still does not cover

• Maintenance services and items used in such services.
    • Glass, plastic lenses.
    • Body and paint items, including soft trim.
    • Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time.
    • Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches

9. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is the term associated with the 100K warranty? Mine will never see the miles, but certainly the term limit.

10. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I said this before but I will repeat it. Don't listen to the dealer. Don't listen to forum assumptions. Don't listen to your neighbor next door. Read your contract. It will tell you everything you need to know including the cancellation terms. Then proceed based on what your contract terms are with the knowledge necessary to produce the desired outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is the name of the warranty and coverage? I need that to give you better information. Pm me if needed please

12. raabj0rn

raabj0rn Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay guys.

I spent some time looking over all the extras I purchased..

Looks like I have between 15-45 days to cancel out on ALL of them.

The service contract I purchased is indeed a bumper to bumper 'Full Wrap' plan.

Not interested in keeping it though.

And like MuscleGarageLA mentioned, the time-limit on it (6 years) was what got me interested in it because 36 months is not very long.

I think I have to wait for a bunch of paperwork to be mailed to me before I can opt out, but..

Its looking like I am going to be able to recover everything the finance guy negotiated. :D

13. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good deal- The guy that sold it to you was just doing his job- Dealerships love add on sales-

You can re buy the warranty from at least two sources that are on a thread that offer discounted pricing-

I will go for the 7 yr 75K miles- I don't think in 7 years that I will run more miles than that - plus I normally don't keep a car that long so if I sell it I can transfer the warranty to a buyer or cancel it and get some money back.

It doesn't hurt to also shop interest rates and if you find a lower one often times there is no pre payment penalty if you pay your current loan off- I checked around before getting mine at 2.25 percent APR-

14. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No idea on the warranty, but as to the seats... there is a TSB and they will be replaced under your original warranty.