SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Extended warranty and wheel warranty

7K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  CubeMan 
#1 ·
Hi folks - just wondering what the community thinks of purchasing an extended warranty for these cars? Usually I'm not a big believer in these but since this vehicle breaks new ground with this engine, I wonder how it will hold up a few years out. Also, what are your opinions on a wheel warranty (which also covers scuffs etc - even if self-inflicted)? I hear the bronze monkey wheels cost $3k apiece to replace?

Thanks
Peter

#2 ·
i did it- both and Im happy about it. My cars been in the shop for 3 days while they sort out my imbalance issue. Because of the extended warranty dodge gave me a new cherokee to drive as a loaner. that would have cost me over $100 to rent so its starting to pay off.

Plus my tire/wheel warranty covers cosmetic damage and road hazards for 5 years or something. Its well worth it in my opinion.

#4 ·
Who is the insurer on that? My provisions are attached. Not sure about yearly max.
Text Document Paper Font Paper product
Text Paper Document Font Paper product
Text Document Paper Font Paper product

Reactions: MABBRYFL30
#7 ·
Just curious... I never heard of the wheel warranty? Does the car come standard with a base wheel warranty or is this strictly covered by the purchase of an extended warranty? Ya learn something new everyday!

#10 ·
Just curious... I never heard of the wheel warranty? Does the car come standard with a base wheel warranty or is this strictly covered by the purchase of an extended warranty? Ya learn something new everyday!
Manufacturer defects are covered under the 3/36 warranty. The service contract includes damage to the wheel/tire due to road hazard. Your vehicle insurance likely covers the same road hazard for the wheels but it is considered a collision in my state.

#17 ·
the standard warranty doesnt even cover defective tires from the manufacturer as I found out. but pirelli warrants the tires if they are defective.

The tire and wheel warranty that they offered me seems pretty good as it covers rim replacement if it has cosmetic damage as long as it over an inch of scrapeage.

my auto insurance doesnt cover tires from road hazard. well it does as long but with a $1000 deductible

#12 ·
I searched dodge extended warranties and got nothing, but I will try your keywords.

How'd u buy a car without hem jamming these warrenties down your throat I wannna buy from them....hahahaha them damn sales men always try to up sell ya
I was offered none of these lol. It sounds like you all are getting them from all over considering how different they have been. I just need a starting point.

#16 ·
I bought mine from these guys. $1475 for my 2015 Hecllat (7 year) and $2300 for my daily driver RT (lifetime). These were before the FCA price increases. I am curious what to expect with the lifetime warranty on the RT since I plan to keep it for 20+ years and drive it it about 6k miles per year. They have a coupon code "75" for $75 off by the way.

FCA won't give lifetime on Hellcats or I would of taken it.

#19 ·
This is from the FCA tire and wheel contract.... If you curb a wheel it most likely is not covered...

NOTE: COSMETIC SURFACE SCRAPES, CHIPS OR SCRATCHES TO THE WHEEL THAT DO NOT IMPACT THE ABILITY OF
THE WHEEL TO BE PROPERLY BALANCED OR TO HOLD AIR ARE NOT COVERED.

Definitely read the contract (they should give you a blank/sample contract if you ask the seller prior to signing any contract). The contract is what counts. The marketing flyer or the sellers word mean nothing. The coverage has quite a few limitations and as long as you understand what they are ahead of time you can make an informed decision one way or the other.

#21 ·
8yr/120,000m maxcare for me!!! I'll be keeping this one!! No question if I was going to get it... I wanted the years mainly...
thats what I got also. What did you pay? I think I paid $3800 or so

#24 ·
no no no my 8 yr 120,000 mile warranty was $3800.. the wheel and tire warranty was only $400

#27 ·
I have the wheel warranty it covers up to 1500 a year with a max of 4 wheels being replaced for the life of warranty so that means you can only use it 4 times I have hyper black wheels on my 2016 SRT list is 2650 each dealer is looking for 1900 a piece:mad:

#28 ·
This is from the FCA tire and wheel contract.... If you curb a wheel it most likely is not covered...

NOTE: COSMETIC SURFACE SCRAPES, CHIPS OR SCRATCHES TO THE WHEEL THAT DO NOT IMPACT THE ABILITY OF
THE WHEEL TO BE PROPERLY BALANCED OR TO HOLD AIR ARE NOT COVERED.

Definitely read the contract (they should give you a blank/sample contract if you ask the seller prior to signing any contract). The contract is what counts. The marketing flyer or the sellers word mean nothing. The coverage has quite a few limitations and as long as you understand what they are ahead of time you can make an informed decision one way or the other.
You are definitely right if you scrap your rim it's not covered that's why you better grind it up real good after that lol it pays to know the owners son of a dealer ship

#29 ·
My sales Rep asked me, I always say no. They will call just prior to your manufacturer warranty expiring and I've found that it's a better deal. Plus, by then you will know if you need it depending on how the car performed over 3 years or 36k miles or if you know something is feeling or sounding funny....buy it. Just my two cents.

#30 ·
I got the 8 year/120,000 mile. But I drive it daily and I drive it pretty hard. 6000 miles in 4 months. If it breaks. Who cares what it cost. Give me a car and Just call me when it's done. So for me, driving a 700+ HP car care free, as hard as I want, for 120,000 miles is worth it. Gieco covers my wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.