Factory Tires?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by rollieman, Sep 29, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm trying to find the exact model Pirelli tires supplied by the factory for both the standard and the optional summer tire? The Tire Rack and Pirelli website are very confusing with so many P Zero models listed!

Thank you !

2. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you go back on Tire Rack's site, you can do a live chat with them and they can help you with it. They have the tire in approx. the $320.00 range, but, I can't remember which 1 it is..

3. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    summer option Pirelli PZERO part number TPR2441300 retail for 240.00

all season option Pirelli PZERO NERO part number TPR2441200 retail for 207.50

good luck

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was looking at tires a couple weeks ago and the Tire Rack had the Pzero summer tires on sale for $183... I'm curious how the Pirelli's hold up... I had the Goodyear F1's on my 09 SRT8 and they wern't the best... most reported replacement in the 10 to 15K range. I only have 2300 on the cat so too early to tell how they hold up.

5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't buy summer performance tires if you are looking for high mileage tires. In fact don't buy any performance tires if you are looking for high mileage tires. Look at the treadwear rating.

6. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed... can't argue that point. I was just curious how the Pirelli's compared to the GY which seemed to cup quickly.

7. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope to find out if mine ever gets here. My F1s have 6800 miles on them and some wear but it is very even, no cupping or other uneven wear. I maintained about 36 PSI in them to get even wear.

8. GW70

GW70 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just looked on Tire Rack and they are currently going for $183 for the P Zero summer only tires and $174 for the P Zero Nero all season tires. Mine came with the all season tires on it - never have been a Pirelli fan - going to try the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires come spring.

9. Boogyman

Boogyman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    A warning to all.... make darn sure you have the correct speed rating on any tire you put on one of these monsters! The OEM must test several brands/versions of tires to find a combination of wear/performance/handling, and high speed stability. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. GW70

GW70 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Good point, the Pirelli's are indeed "(Y)" speed rated [186+ mph] whereas the Continental's and most of the other non-OEM brands are only "Y" rated [up to 186mph].

Since I've only had my Cat up to 160 (on a closed track) and cannot imagine a scenario where I will get it any faster than that, I think I will be able to get away with the "Y" rated tires :D

11. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will give them a thumbs-up performance wise. Used them on a road course. It really did surprising well. Logged good lap times, g-forces just over one and little or no audible complaints from them on the track. The car felt great with them on. Speeds in excess of 150 max and several over 100 each lap. I thought it is more fun to drive that way, VS the 313/35's on the back with the 10.5" wheels. That may look good and do straight line better, but this car likes the way it was born on the track. We took the the tire/wheels off today and put on my street (after market) wheel/tires.

The guy helping me is the owner of my local tire dealer and obviously knows how to read tires. He said they looked very good, they were obviously hot on the track and held up. He noticed they got hot enough to get some rubber from the other cars to bond onto two of my four tires. Yep, one of the Vipers with "used" racing tires had a bare spot. Just got it off in time for that guy.

12. GW70

GW70 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Which tires are you referring to DGatzby?

13. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The P-Zero

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had many different performance tires on different cars Vettes, Porsche,Vipers, Mustangs, Shelbys, M5 bmw...........
    the Hellcat is just plain hard on tires, the new handling and power and relatively small footprint of the 2015 and up Hellcats will make it tough to compare how tires hold up. Example the F1s were good on my Vette but they were different size and much less power so no comparison :(

Only time and lots of input form other Hellcat owners will provide information

15. GW70

GW70 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately my Cat rolled off the showroom floor with not one, but two, "out of round" Pirelli's that could not be road force balanced below 50lbs of force - and getting the tires warrantied required jumping through multiple hoops (I drove 3 1/2 hrs to get the car, so I wasn't able to return to the selling dealership). Even with two new Pirelli's, I still have two tires in the high 20's (27 and 29lbs) which is borderline, but at least the vibration issue is MUCH improved.