Fatt Cat vs stock 14' GT500

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by BeltFed, Mar 31, 2015.

1. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Fatt Cat's stock Hellcat went up against a stock '14 GT500. Both on drag radials. The videos are on Fatt Cat's Facebook and Instagram. He killed the GT500 on all counts, from a roll and from a dig, several times. It's interesting to note that the Hellcat was on very worn out Mickey Thompson 305s while the GT500 was on new Nitto 305s, pictures to prove it (just scroll down far enough).

Also just as interesting, a manual Hellcat on street tires ran hard but results against the GT500 on radials were "inconsistent" to determine the better car, according to them.

Now, considering all vids I have seen of a Hellcat vs stock GT500s (not many out there), the Hellcat comes out on top, I think we can put this argument to rest, at least for the A8 auto Hellcat. But we all knew that... The GT500 owners were in denial.

If you got any other vids of GT500s vs Hellcats post em up, even if not stock. I'm sure we have not seen em all.

http://instagram.com/p/0ynhrrBwdn/
    http://instagram.com/p/0ymTeWhwaT
    http://instagram.com/p/0yk9xLhwXP
    http://instagram.com/p/0yhjdfBwQb
    http//instagram.com/p/0rbVLIBwd8
    http://instagram.com/p/0yjRVjBwTd
    Instagram
    http://instagram.com/fatt_cat15/
    http://www.facebook.com/jerrod.thompson.35?fref=photo

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice share! Something I knew all along! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Different one from Fatt Cat, but here is another kill on a pulley and tune '13 GT500.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool thanks for sharing. I'm sharing on FB Hellcat page

6. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    You got a link to the Facebook page?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep with prior admin approval it is Hellcat Facebook

8. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Here is an old one of an M6 manual Hellcat vs '14 GT500, 2:30 time mark:

I have a feeling that with the manual they are about even, or down to the better driver. Who knows, maybe with some good DRs it'll get ahead.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will let you know when we run!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blackdevil77

Blackdevil77 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yup, nothing is touching an auto Hellcat. Being the nerd that I am, I have been over analyzing time slips from both the 2013/2014 GT500 and auto Hellcats for the last month. Even the GT500's (modified) that seem to get similar 1/4 mile or even slightly better 1/4 mile times and the same or even faster trap speeds in the 1/4 than the Hellcat, are notably slower in the 1/8th mile in both trap speeds and ET. So Basically, from a dig or any roll under 80, the auto Hellcat is going to jump ahead of the GT500 because of it's super quick shifts and short/close ratio gears. From an 80 roll with the GT500 starting in 3rd, I think they'd be side by side until it's time for the GT500 to shift, at which point the Hellcat passes it again.

The new 8 speed auto in the Hellcat has both the advantages of a geared car and the advantages of a car with long gears (such as the GT500). It rips through gears at lower speeds to out accelerate Jesus on his divine golden chariot, and has enough gears in it to still have really long legs on the big end to have the insane top speed that it has and to get there as relatively swiftly as it does.

Sorry for nerding out, I have nothing else to do at the moment

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DaddyBarlow

DaddyBarlow Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice videos!

As I wrote on another site, I always questioned what "all stock" really means! Ha-Ha!!!

In most parts of my city (Detroit), "all stock" basically means if you can't easily tell that the other car has been modified more than "just a touch" or if it looks, sounds and idles like stocker (aka another sleeper that doesn't really look like much), than it must be stock or near stock.....LOL! Trust me, you will probably lose! You will never really know what the other guy is really running...never.

About 2 or 3 summers ago while I was driving home late from work in my stock-looking Z06....when I had a 2013 GT500 run-up on me a bunch of times begging to run me...it ended up being some Ford Exec in a brand new GT500. He wanted to run me over and over. Because he just couldn't comprehend or understand why he shouldn't be able (or even be entitled) to beat the living snot out of my "stock-looking" C6 Z06 Corvette.

Anyways, I was able to easily put "2 bus lengths" on him every time we ran, I didn't even have to run him much out of 2nd gear...basically it really wasn't a race.

He was upset enough to follow me off of the freeway (at me exit) and asked me what I had done to the car and I told he its "all stock"...LOL! After a few seconds went by, I told him what I was running and the true weight of the car. He ended-up be a really nice guy to talk to.

Back to Hellcats. I personally know somebody who is already spraying a "50 shot" of nitrous...I'm guessing its more like 75hp. By the way...he also uses the words "all stock" for the exception of the very wide and sticky drag radials that can easily be spotted on his car.

The Hellcat is something special, but don't start thinking its the "fastest" car on the road...because that would be a lie.

12. BeltFed

BeltFed Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    For a stock car, it is one of the fastest. Dodge wasn't f***ing around when they stated those bold claims. Fastest muscle car ever produced. Period. For now at least. We can "what if's" all day, but the evidence we do have is in the Hellcat's favor.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1