FCA DELAYING MUSCLE

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by ChargerChallenger, Jun 2, 2015.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    THE LATEST NEWS SAYS FCA DIVERTING MONEY TO THE FIAT BRAND. AND SLOWING DOWN R&D FOR THE DODGE, JEEP AND RAM BRAND UNTIL THEY FIND A PARTNER.

ALFA GETS PRIORITY AMIDST FCA PRODUCT PLAN RESHUFFLING
    The big Muscle may be getting delayed sooner than later which is unfortunate. FCA NEEDS MONEY SOONER FOR FUTURE R&D. We just may have some limited production cars which may be a thing of the past. Keep your Challenger and or Charger it's going to be a collectible.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has delayed the redesign of at least a dozen of its vehicles, according to a report from Reuters citing sources within a number of suppliers. This product reshuffling concerns several high-margin vehicles within FCA's lineup including the Jeep Wrangler and the Ram 1500, with FCA delaying updates and freshenings to these and a number of other vehicles, choosing to defer spending billions of dollars as it searches for a partner within the automotive industry.

In all, Reuters reports that at least 12 future vehicle programs have been delayed by a year or more in the Chrysler, Maserati, Dodge, Jeep and Ramlineups.

Another bit of news, which will likely sit poorly with dealers, concerns updates to large cars from the Chrysler and Dodge brands, including the Challenger,Charger and the 300. These vehicles were originally scheduled to be fully redesigned by the middle/end of 2018, but are now expected to see replacements arrive in 2019 or even later, sources tell Reuters.

2. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well when they "fully redesign" the Challenger they can only screw it up so maybe a delay isn't all bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Holy shnikies

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    This cannot be good, at all!!!

5. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, looking at this logically without jumping into a sky-is-falling scenario, makes sense. What sells and what doesn't? Oh that's right, Fiats don't sell worth a damn, while Jeeps and Rams and Chargers and Challengers fly off lots, with people waiting months upon months upon months (albeit not happily) for things like Hellcats. And even Chrysler 200's have been selling lately, they started slow but I'm seeing more and more on the street lately.

Can't remember the last time I saw anything but a sole Fiat.....nope. Never has happened.

That said, I'm not a fan of this merger/partner thing that Sergio seems hellbent on. Almost sounds like he's going to do just enough to frick Chrysler up before he retires and pass the reigns off to some clown. I have an extremely uneasy feeling about this if it is true.......

I'm ok with a technology partner, like going in on transmissions with someone, or something like that. But not shopping the whole company and looking to a merger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoRo

RoRo VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok so the refreshes are paused to? SO no Hellcats with ACC, bigger gas tank, wider tires, power passenger seat?

7. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think the real answer here is FCA NEEDS SERIOUS CASH FOR FUTURE R&D. Until they can find a partner to help they want to slow down the money going into R&D to keep the company financially viable.

I have always felt the Fiat Dodge deal was all about Fiat and hopefully I am wrong. I think we have a 3-5 year run on the Dodge, Jeep and Ram product. Than we start to see the Fiat product more than before which I feel will take away from the Dodge, Jeep and Ram brand as we know it today.

8. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope RS got enough paypal button hits to buy Dodge soon - the marriage is spoiling quickly as money grabs have already started. You can hear them chanting ...."More eco box cars - down with the muscle".

9. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pretty funny Alpha gets priority, it's a nameplate widely regarded (as in world wide) as being unreliable & loosing value quicker than a mobile home in a tornado !

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well said MikeD1
    We can only hope the American Muscle can persuade the Fiat brand to listen!!!!!

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. THEONE

THEONE Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The sad part is Fiat is Hell bent on forcing this junk down the American consumers throat. I feel as a brand Dodge has no where to go but down with a merger with another auto manufacture. Anyone in decent shape will laugh at a merger and anyone willing to do a merger is in the same shape and will probably pull FCA down quicker. For me the Cat is probably my last Dodge, I love the brand but I can't stand what it will probably become with Fiat running things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RoRo

RoRo VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They should merge with Facebook

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And what junk, exactly, is that? Dodge/Ram/Jeep have never been better than they are with Fiat.

Or are you referring to Fiat? The same junk the GOVERNMENT forced Fiat to bring to America as part of the loan package.

Put blame where blame is due, Sergio knows Fiat won't sell well here, but since it's mandated it be here, he might as well tweak it and hopefully sell more.

The sky is falling, on nos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. RoRo

RoRo VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah Sergio seems to be letting the engineers make the cars instead of the accountants

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge should separate and be its own entity, FIAT has more European and Italian plans than Murican muscle