FCA Leadership please read….Why I cancelled my HC order and purchased a ZL1

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by cal45, Mar 8, 2015.

1. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It’s true, 3 weeks ago I traded in my ’14 Camaro SS for a ’15 ZL1. I loved how my SS felt behind the wheel and since my HC order has been in limbo since Oct ’14. I have been looking more and more at the ZL1’s as I really do like this model. I’m well aware that it is not the power output of the HC but it performs well enough for me as I don’t track or street race my cars – this is my daily driver. Not looking to turn this into a debate between the Camaro ZL1 and the Challenger HC. As a matter of fact, I was not going to post anything here and just quietly leave but as I did receive a phone call from Tim K in January in response to an email I had sent him, I know that FCA Leadership does monitor these sites.
    Once I heard that dealers would begin (Feb) receiving only 1 Hellcat allocation and it could be a Challenger OR Charger but not both, and the fact that all FL dealers that did have available HC’s on the floor were still asking 15-25k over MSRP and somehow they kept on receiving more inventory – well, that was the last straw for me. So in the end, the Allocation Process and the Dodge dealerships with their ADM’s chased me away to your competitor as I was fed up with the whole process.
    I’m sure Corporate has their reasons for choosing an allocation method but for customers waiting since end of 3rd Q last year, it is not a fair process….and who knows how the larger dealers keep receiving unspoken for inventory just to line their pockets with.
    I may be in the minority as a buyer who was willing to spend over $60k for your product last October, grew tired of the miscommunication and the outrageous dealer mark ups which they obviously think is the correct business model to follow, but for me it steered me to look elsewhere. I’m sure there have been others that have done the same but haven’t posted online about it.
    The folks here on this forum are great and I wish you all the best as I still consider the HC a heck of a car and who knows, maybe 2 years down the road or so – in the words of Arnold “I’ll be back”.

03 07 2015 (4).JPG

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on your new car. Sorry to see you leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice looking piece!

4. frozenmango

frozenmango Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    nooooooooo :( How is the visibility on those things tho?

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the new Camaro...I really like the wheels.

6. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I certainly don't blame you C45. I am in a similar situation having put money down in the beginning of August and placing my order on 9/25. I was angry that I had to pay the price to order from MY dealer, a customer of mine, that was smaller and did not recieve an allocation for a process I was not even aware of. I almost quit several times, and almost caved and bought off the lot. Fast forward to present, I feel like I am still being jerked around. It took a long time Jan 26, to get a VIN. Another 6 weeks and we had a build schedule, 3/2. That got bumped 2 weeks now it's 3/16 possible build. It just seems, for me at least, that they delayed every portion of this order to just when I was ready to cancel. I suppose my 3/16 date will get moved again, there will be a delay in shipping or some reason to keep the car, as I hear of many cars in purgetory. It is just too bad that a situation that could have been so enjoyable, has been made into a terrible emotional roller coaster.
    The thing that has really helped, is the support and understanding of the good people on this forum. I never hadthe opportunity to speak to Tim k., but I understand he may have read an emial I sent. I would like to let him know how this whole process affected a Detroit area car enthusiast that was buying his mid life crisis vehicle, and just rying to do the right thing, buying from a dealer that buys from him

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Joschoice

Joschoice Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can understand your frustration, and I do not blame you. If you are happy with your choice, then more power to you! We all have to do what right for us. Take care, and enjoy your car! :)

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ROBY IRLE

ROBY IRLE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too have a friend about to give up over the hole mess u just can't win

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Juan-Carlos Escobar

Juan-Carlos Escobar Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I cannot blame you, believe there will be many too follow. The ZL1, is an awesome muscle-car, with Chevrolet to better take care of you! Thank you for your wise words, the best to you! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    don't blame you, what an ordeal the whole process is! Enjoy your car.. if ya ever see me on the road be sure to say hi.

12. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The right rear quarter is horrible - have to keep a close eye out backing out of a crowded parking lot. Dash rearview camera helps.

13. Harts

Harts Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    cal45, many of us are in the same boat you were in. Think I have/had (not sure where I am right now!) almost the same schedule as bfusion and still waiting.

ZL1 is a great car, test drove a convertible and nearly had me....only problem I am just tall enough where visibility it a real problem and the older I get the harder it is to get in a tight low car. The Challenger is the one that wins in these categories for me. With that said, the ZL1 is also a nice ride. Hate to see you "settle" but it it's right for you then it works!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  14. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You get much nicer wheels than the hellcat, that's for sure!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. jim

jim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy your new ride. Looks nice.