SRT Hellcat Forum banner

FCA - Please listen - Important Safety Recall - Fuel Rail Crossover Hose

8K views 48 replies 27 participants last post by  WindowShaker 
#1 ·
Ok, so I get a notice in the mail today about the safety recall...

Call dealer right away it says...

May leak fuel...

Could cause underhood fire...

Ok, I call Safford Dodge (they actually have always been really good in the service department)....

Ashley proceeds to ask me if my car has been there before...Yes, I had an engine cover replaced so the VIN should be in the system, along with a bunch of other cars I bought from you....

So I provide the VIN and she tells me that's not a Fiat... Correct, I have a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, like the one noted in the recall notice from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, not a Fiat, just got a notice from FCA. (No worries, honest mistake.)

Plugs in the VIN again and says, Yes, I see it now, we don't have those parts for your truck. You will receive a notice in a few weeks to a couple of months...a card and a call from service whenever the parts come in. Is there anything else I can do for you?... Seriously, a couple of months? You know this is a fuel rail issue where car goes "boom" when something bad happens under the hood? and it's not a truck, I sold that a year ago. It's a 2015 Hellcat...

She just repeated the previous statement like it's no big deal.

WOW, just WOW

I get they don't have the parts...but I'm sure you can order and get them in a day or two??? I'm hoping she correctly keyed in the recall request and parts will be ordered...hopefully.

I think I may try another dealership...

See less See more
Reactions: Hell YA!
#2 ·
Sorta same thing happened to me... she comes back with im sorry im unable to order those parts, is there anything else I can help you with?, parts? oh ok, we'll let you know should they happen to come in.... Really?? Called SRT and they straightened it out :)

#5 ·
Bring a bag of marshmallows with you while waiting for the parts. I bet the owner of this Scat Pack wished they had some marshmallows!

Reactions: hellcat1
#6 ·
I'd be asking for a new Service Manager!!! Talking to the GM. I dunno, I guess I am kinda a pain, but I paid a lot of money for my car and I will continue to pay for good service. I have requested specific Service Managers and if I don't like how they treat me, I call the GM. I've been going there for about 10 years now so that might help too.

#9 ·
Dude I didn't know you bought yours from Safford! I did too and when I called about the recall last week, I got the EXACT same questions AND response! Ashley said the same thing...they don't have the parts and will call me when they come in. What a freakin' joke. I emailed Al and asked him to follow up and even he was dismissive, saying "Our service department is really good at taking care of these kinds of things." Well, it's been 5 days since I called and nothing yet.

We need to meet up some time and snap a few pics of our cars together! I have yet to see another Hellcat in the area. I'm in Locust Grove. How far are you from there?

Reactions: 630
#11 ·
Got the car in NC because Safford was not dealing on Hellcats.

Would love to meet up some weekend for photos. Going to VIR next week for track day. Fourth time. Love it.

Shouldn't have to call Al or service manager. This car should be getting premium attention, but again the customer is it most engaged and informed. Oddly enough, no mention NOT to drive the car????

I am in Stafford, not too far from you.

#22 ·
I just called the dealer to let them know that I received the recall notice in the mail. They put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back and said that they don't have the part in stock. They then went on to say that I should be receiving a second letter (in a week or two) from FCA and I should calI the dealer again when I receive the second letter. Umm..okayyyyy....o_O Why would they have a "two letter" system? Maybe I'll call SRT to see what they have to say.

#23 ·
NO! Bull shizzy! I didn't even wait for the letter. I had them check their system and it showed up on their system before the letter. I called, they ordered and I am taking my car in. That is crap, I never received a second letter. Lazy bums!!!:mad:

#24 ·
NO! Bull shizzy! I didn't even wait for the letter. I had them check their system and it showed up on their system before the letter. I called, they ordered and I am taking my car in. That is crap, I never received a second letter. Lazy bums!!!:mad:
Looks like I'll have to hire Tammie to negotiate my recall fix!;) After re-reading the original post from 1FSTCAT , it sounds like the dealer service person had the same canned response. I'll keep on this and let everyone know what I found.
In the meantime, I'm dropping my Hellcat off tomorrow at a local body shop to see if they can properly align my fender and door.:eek: Talk about nervous...:confused:

#31 ·
MY situation ended up much better....I was logging into my account to upload a pic of my "wicked 1" when I saw the recall notice. I panicked and called my service manager stating that I am driving to California in 2 days and I just had to have this done. David (Wolfchase Dodge) said "NO Problem" come on in tomorrow morning and we'll have you taken care of my noon! Parts in stock, good to go. I got there at 07:00, the SRT Viper tech arrived at 08:00 and I was done by 10:00 with a free oil change.

BUT..... while I was there I asked about the transmission firmware upgrade, David stated that yes, there is an update to help with your shifting issues as well as a overall driving stability. They updated both modules and I was a happy camper.... until! My beautiful HELLCAT would not come out of VALET MODE>.UGGGGGGG. after many calls (SRT, Chrysler Doesn't Car, original dealership and taking the car back to the dealer we could not get the car out of Valet mode. Everyone was telling us to disconnect the battery posts and wait 1 minute and the car would come back in default.... nope. Dodge ended up asking us to disconnect the battery and short the two cables together (not the battery) and this should discharge and stored energy in the caps. WHALLA! VICTORY! YAAAAA! HELL YA! That worked and I got my baby back. I probably should not have left the black key and put the car in Valet Mode to do a performance update but no one told me I couldn't lol. I hope this helps if it happens to someone else.

No one is perfect but I couldn't be happier to have a service manager work like crazy to resolve an issue to make it right. As of now they have ALL my business. And I'll be leaving them the red key from now on. :)

Wolfchase Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram 8170 Hay 64 Bartlett TN 38133 (901) 373-3030 if you need a good Hellcat Service Department!

#32 ·
Wow ... I am really sorry to read that several of you are having issues with this recall. Some of you might want to take a drive to your dealership and have a little chat with the Service manager. My dealership called me last Friday to let me know that the parts were already in stock and waiting on me, so I made the appointment, and I am taking Dante in for the fix tomorrow morning. I did not get the notice from FCA in the mail until today.

April

#35 ·
This is an update for Tammie . When I first called about receiving the fuel line recall notice, the person that was answering calls for the dealer service department said that I should wait for a second letter and call back.
I waited a few days and then stopped in at the dealer to talk with the service manager about waiting for this "second letter". He says, "I don't know what they told you but we were anticipating your visit so we already have the fuel rail in stock for you." I'm having it installed this Wednesday. Another example of sh***y communication from the front line customer service reps.

#37 ·
This is an update for Tammie . When I first called about receiving the fuel line recall notice, the person that was answering calls for the dealer service department said that I should wait for a second letter and call back.
I waited a few days and then stopped in at the dealer to talk with the service manager about waiting for this "second letter". He says, "I don't know what they told you but we were anticipating your visit so we already have the fuel rail in stock for you." I'm having it installed this Wednesday. Another example of sh***y communication from the front line customer service reps.
Unbelievable! Seriously, I have the direct line to one service manager and he is the only one I talk to. When there is an issue. He handles it, no bs. I hope you get this resolved quickly and don't have more problems like that!

#36 ·
dealers are quick to sell a 70k for 100k saying how special and rare it is, but treat it like a 20k car when its time to take care of it.
Man, this is SO F'ing true! And they hire people to do a job (such as a service writer) that has absolutely NO clue on what they are talking about.

This is a universal problem across all the makes. Makes you sick that you spend big bucks on a great car and the dealership that impressed you enough to drop a ton of money on a car can't even correctly tell you what it is you have or have the parts to fix a significant safety item like this.

:mad:

#38 ·
Just an update - two plus weeks and NO phone call or follow-up notice... unbelievable!

#44 ·
They called me last week and said they have my part in. I was out of town last weekend and this coming weekend so I'm set up for the 23rd. They told me they can only do 1 at a time and FCA won't send them the next one until they use the one they have. Sounds fishy to me but that may be why you haven't heard from them...because I'm still over a week out until I can get by there. Sorry man.:oops:

#40 ·
Dude I didn't know you bought yours from Safford! I did too and when I called about the recall last week, I got the EXACT same questions AND response! Ashley said the same thing...they don't have the parts and will call me when they come in. What a freakin' joke. I emailed Al and asked him to follow up and even he was dismissive, saying "Our service department is really good at taking care of these kinds of things." Well, it's been 5 days since I called and nothing yet.

We need to meet up some time and snap a few pics of our cars together! I have yet to see another Hellcat in the area. I'm in Locust Grove. How far are you from there?
Another local. I bought my 2010 Challenger R/T there...guess I should have ordered my Charger Hellcat there too! Sill waiting in VON HELL at Farrish. So one day soon I too may be available for pics.

#41 ·
I did not and would not order any more cars from Safford.

I finally have the dealership engaging, but when they just called me back (service adviser) they referenced my 2013 Ram 1500 (sold a year ago) and before I could even correct them...hung up. This is just nuts. :)

Hopefully it works out when I take in Friday...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.