SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Fender/Door Misalignment

8K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  B5 Blue 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Also, does anyone on the forum have any experience with aligning them?
(PASSENGER SIDE)
Red Automotive exterior Furniture Table

Red Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Tire

I have an appointment with a body shop to fix it because I don't trust the dealership to do body work.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have any experience but I would do the same thing. Take it to a trusted body shop and pay to get it done correctly! I don't have the issue on my car.

#5 ·
Front fender is bolt on. Something like 7 bolts. I remember Brampton Builder saying that in some other post a while back.

Looking at the fender in relation to the rocker it looks to me like the door needs to be adjusted out...

#6 ·
Ugh, my '88 Daytona Turbo came in looking like that (both sides). Dealer adjusted the doors & fenders & made it right before delivery, tho I spent 2 sleepless nites fretting over it. Went there to see if my car was delivered on a Sat am & it was just coming off the truck. They were closed till Monday - thought I was going to blow a vein - LOL.

Net is - doors & fenders are all adjustable & easy to align. Would have expected they wouldn't have these sort of issues any more, guess the "retro bit" doesn't just apply to the styling ! ;)

#17 ·
I was able to change my appointment to tomorrow! Wish me luck!:eek: I experimented with the valet mode this evening to be prepared to drop it off at the body shop tomorrow. It seemed to work fine. You can switch in and out of valet mode only when you are stopped.

#19 ·
Here is the comparison after the body shop visit.
Before
Red Automotive exterior Furniture Table

After
Red Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Carmine

It's not perfect but it is better. Even though it looks like the door can come out a bit, I'm just going to live with it for now. They called me about an hour after I dropped it of to tell me they were done and the cost was $54.00. When I picked it up, I asked if I would need to touch up any paint around washers or fasteners where the fender was moved and they said that the fenders on these cars are so thin that they are able to move them without loosening any bolts!

Apparently they know where to apply the force without denting the fender or splitting any paint. They definitely moved it up and in because there was a large gap between the fender and the hood and that is closer now.

They also mentioned that they have had other cars in their shop that had fenders pushed down from mechanics leaning on them.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.