Finally home!

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by ufoldfirst, May 23, 2015.

1. ufoldfirst

ufoldfirst Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    So after a build delay, it was finally built and took a train ride from Brampton to Barnes Yard in Portland. 7 days later, I took delivery. I couldn't believe how long it sat at the port in Portland!! My dealer told me the SRTs can wait at the port for a driver/transport that is setup for SRTs and other low clearance vehicles.
    Chrysler has absolutely terrible tracking abilities. When I was a multi-line dealer fleet manager, one call would get me an exact location and status of my customers' vehicles.
    This SRT 392 sat at the port so long, I was worried there may have been a damage problem. Chrysler had no idea what the status was, or when it would be trucked to the dealer... the Dealer ETA on the Vehicle Shipment Status report decided to go away. So, for 6 days nobody had a clue. Enough whining...

Here is my 'old and new' photo..

P.S. I decided to name the new car. I have NEVER named one of my cars, but after 70 miles on the odometer, I came up with "BAM-BAM". It bangs gears very well! :cool:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice car AND you got the technology package;)

3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice,, please share your driving impressions with bam

4. ufoldfirst

ufoldfirst Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    B5 Blue, it's a must out here! I'd rather get slowed down and match speed than miss two seconds ahead of me be some ijjit slowing down in front of me to look at a scenic view. Too many tourists and wildlife, nice to have some technology help prevent a possible wreck.
    Save your car and save wildlife, get a technology package at your local dealer today!

hellcat1, unbelievable. It is a beast with the proper diff gearing, many trans gears to choose from, endless possibilities. Drive a 5spd R/T or 300 with 5.7 and compare to this.........
    It feels like a muscle car!

and... yeah, I can irritate my neighbor with the noisy old pickup truck now. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the car,, it's beautiful,,I to came from a 300S and traded it for the hellcat