First 500 Miles

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by B5 Blue, Jun 4, 2015.

1. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I want to start out with a call out for my dealer Jim Riehl in Lapeer MI and my salesman Bob Lesko mention me and MSRP. I told him what to do with the car when it came in and he did it!

Next was my anxiousness to get this car turned to OMG I have to pay for this thing and maybe have issues like radiators and so on do I really NEED this car? I took a printed copy of what I made a Wiki out of as you tend to forget things without it. Took an hour to go over the list car was flawless and a quick test drive with my son following to make sure she wasn't dog tracking and check cooling fan operation when back. Paid for the car and went home.

The first 100 miles is so hard to drive 55 mph as it requires nothing but that went by quickly. Throughout the entire break in I seemed to catch every light so I varied rpm while waiting in neutral. Also encountered every freakin moron on the road that can't drive. The next phase of break in produced OMFG I really bought this beautiful machine, all those jitters were and still are gone! This car is a beast on power yet so refined when you can't use it. I took it to a CQuartz guy on day two who said paint is good shouldn't take a lot of work as I just had dealer hose it down not wipe it at all. Appointment made and when I Ieft his street is concrete and a minor launch was wheel hop city which I yet to feel again on regular roads. Aluminum driveshaft on order.

Finally 500 miles and did a 10mph roll WOT while my son took a video of the Engine performance page. It got 717hp and 638TQ and boost went to 10 although I have seen it at 11 with Trans-Track, Traction and Suspension in Street. Lately I have traction in Sport but my short 3/8 test track has had morons on it so no real good pulls since the first one. ZL1 rock guards come tomorrow gotta get those on.

This car is awesome, have no fear of buying one. Also B5 is the quickest color:D and so pretty.

http://www.hellcat.org/wiki/?title=Hellcat-PDI-Checklist

ATT_1433445078809_IMG_20150604_105526.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice, I like the write up. I cannot get my car to get above 10 pounds of boost, for some reason, which may explain why my cat doesn't feel quite as potent as I expected. I am reluctant to take it to the dealer, as they will likely abuse it trying to see how high they can get the boost pressure, and then I get it back with no tread on the back tires...

3. 707SRT8

707SRT8 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Charger it is a pretty car nice write up, my car came in B5 but after I hit 200 MPH it was like the Cyndi Lauper song True Colors. White for the win.

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good write up B5..btw. Red is the fastest color... But in to the boost question,, many have mentioned you won't see the higher boost number until you are seeing triple digits ,a good person to ask is tsc...

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

6. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the write up...and congrats on being the top poster of the month!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kakaw

kakaw Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    getting my roof wrapped in gloss balck this weekend i'll be sure to post pictures for ya

8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'd rather have Tammie and HellcatdotClub posting like they used to myself

• Like Like x 4
  9. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice write up and beautiful charger! I see 11lb boost in any mode but only if I floor it closer to 4000 - 6000 rpm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm glad you got top poster finally, took like years LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL. That PDI checklist is a little excessive.

This is what I did. Got a call the car was on the way so I jumped in the shower and headed to the dealer. The car was unloaded by the tim
    e I got there
    [​IMG]

I walked around it and saw no caved in panels, opened the door and saw now black tar marks on the seat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looked in the trunk and saw the floor mats and glove box manuals were there
    [​IMG]

Went inside the dealership and gave them my check. they said they could beat my interest rate so I said try it. They did so I took their loan. They sold me some wheel and tire, glass, door ding insurance, GAP and and extended warranty and I signed and drove home.
    [​IMG]

That being said, I got a great deal! I didnt complain. I was very happy! No haggling. No fuss. These guys did me a solid and I feel honored to have been chosen to get one of these magnificent cars.

No, I didnt spend an hour checking tire pressure. I can do that later. Paint defects? So they either are small enough to not matter or get them fix. Its not going to stop me from getting the car. In fact, there was very little that would have kept me from buying it. I gave it a semi good once over and didnt even test drive it. Defects can always be fixed. The only thing that would have stopped this deal was is if I felt the dealer was going to burn me and they didnt! I felt very comfortable with their price and terms. I let them upsell me a little but the car is amazing and I feel as they gave me a gift in letting me buy it. so me buying their upsell just rewarded them back. Plus due to the better rate they got me the upsell didnt cost me any more thn what my other bank had me paying for the higher interest rate. Crazy way of thinking but they did me right and I couldnt be happier! The guys and girls at Superior Dodge in Conway, AR get a HUGE thumbs up from me! Thanks Justin and Charlie and Jeff and Greg and the big guy Kit and last but not least- the super hot Kim and her kickass white Hellcat!

And Id do it all over again! The waiting was rough. Not knowing was nerve wracking. But it was all worth it.

Attached Files:

• 223.JPG
      223.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 229.JPG
      229.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 233.JPG
      233.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 227.JPG
      227.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 236.JPG
      236.JPG
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and your experience during inspection was similar to mine. Have a good dealer makes the process even more enjoyable. Get to know your HC and let us know what you are the most impressed with...or the top or 6 things you are impressed with.;)

13. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its the smooth unbelievable acceleration! Who doesnt love that??? I love everything about this car. Only complaint is the radio volume is to low

• Agree Agree x 1