SRT Hellcat Forum banner

First blown Hellcat motor??

12K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Jim Hetrick 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Details?

It was bound to happen sooner or later....

#5 ·
That's fresh engine oil on the outside of the front fender in that pic. Can't imagine how it got there.... Doesn't make much sense.

Posted by "LS Power". Engine bay pic doesn't show any oil sprayed in there....
Looks like a hoax to me.

#9 ·
Ok I did some digging. Someone in the comments says it was a leaking oil cooler line. And the driver said it read zero oil pressure when he shut it off. So a simple leak may have ruined the motor. Have to wait for more info. This will probably get spread everywhere with false information no matter what really happened. Here's the facebook page.

Mobile Uploads - Triple-X Motorsports Outdoors - RekjavicXXX Facebook

#10 ·
Should still have engine oil sprayed all over the passenger side of the engine bay. If it had the pressure to blow through the body panel seams, it should be EVERYWHERE under the hood - and it's not.

#18 ·
The guy that posted it on FB said the oil cooler line came off. He said once it was reattached and refilled with oil, the motor is fine and the car is home in the guys garage. If I was the owner, I would definitely be taking it back to the dealer and at LEAST have record of what happened in case the motor goes prematurely.

#19 ·
Bunch of butt hurt Ford fanboys on that FB page....lol.

#21 ·
Those Chevy or Ford guys trying to feel better about there sleds. FAKE

#22 ·
Can anyone show how the oil lines are attached to the oil coolers please?
I'm just curious, because unless it's attached with AN- fittings this could become a common malfunction. Hopefully it's not a rubber hose with some cheesy hose clamps. That wouldn't hold very long with hot oil, and oil pressures at 50+psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.