? first Colorado Hellcat

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Dr. Bix, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Dr. Bix

Dr. Bix Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Old muscle car guy (most sold due to kids and life). Only left with my 2003 BMW M5 until this summer. I flew to San Jose, CA. to take my 15 year old son to camp. I surprised him with a Hertz upgrade to Challenger RT. Boy, was I surprised!! He did his first ever "burnouts" and I recorded much better 0-60 times than with my 1968 Firebird. I was hooked. I am a computer spaz. I wanted a new Challenger. My Google search led me to Jay Leno's garage Hellcat intro. I called all local dealers and was rebuffed. Ended up at Brandon Dodge (an hour away). My time on the Dodge website killed me. I ended up purchasing a 2014 AWD Charger (much better than my wife's Acura TL AWD). I also was able to order my Hellcat (I was told that initially 4 were available in CO., but due to the dealer's high volume they had the ability to order a second), ? BS. From there it was easy. Black on black. Red Belts, upgraded leather seats. It arrived sooner than expected ( I think everyone else ordered black hoods). While waiting for the HC to arrive I also bought (now my wife is really pissed) a 2014 MOPAR Challenger (number 29 of 100). The Hellcat is amazing but takes concentration while the MOPAR Shaker with Hurst short throw shifter is easy. I still have not taken the HC to over 4,000 RPM (due to break-in), but I have been over 130MPH with my foot only half-way on the gas. Amazing car!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1968 Firebird.......drool......what ever happened to it ?

3. Dr. Bix

Dr. Bix Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My brother totaled it on Mulholland drive. I asked very few questions. He is my brother, he lived and I was pissed (about the car, not his survival).

4. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :( Too bad.....my brother-in law's brother, same thing on his 70 Chevelle SS......coming back from Vietnam....what are you going to do..FAMILY....:)

5. Dr. Bix

Dr. Bix Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    exactly, he is my brother. Thankfully he now lives 1,300 miles away. He will not be behind the wheel of the Hellcat any time soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The solution to that dilema is ... do not let them drive it. LOL! Everyone (friends AND family) was drooling on my Hellcat when we went home to Florida last weekend, and the answer they got when they asked to drive it was a gentle, yet sincere, "No.", with a sweet smile. Seriously. I barely let my husband drive it, and he bought it for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1