First month of Hellcat ownership.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by owenspackman, May 26, 2015.

1. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been questioned a few times as to why I've yet to comple a 'I got my Hellcat' thread. Well, I've just been having too much fun & I thought I'd wait until I had something better to share, along with some photos of the beast.

Some of you may / may not know the story around me getting my Hellcat. I won't go into too much detail...but, I ordered a 2015 SRT392 in September and took delivery in November. I absolutely loved the car, but had some minor issues that were scheduled to be corrected by the dealership at the turn of the year. Unfortunately the dealership struggled with the repairs and made the car worse, I was very lucky to be offered a new car by Chrysler. I was offered the exact same car to be re-built or upgrade and pay the difference. I did the latter.

A month ago my Phantom Black M6 Hellcat was delivered to the dealership. I had to wait 5 days to take delivery, due to all the buyback paperwork, which was just awful.

I followed the 500 mile break-in exactly as outlined by the User Manual. They were 500 excruciating miles, and quickly after they were completed I learnt that these stock Pirelli's were not going to cut it. I already had Nitto 555R 305's waiting in the wings, they were quickly installed and a huge improvement over the stock set up.

I purchased the black anodized ebay door sills to avoid any paint scratches, which had already formed in the 4 months of 392 ownership. These were a great purchase, no difference in quality from OEM but cheaper and fit the Phantom Black than the ones from Mopar.

I removed the DODGE letters from the rear and replaced with the Challenger script, the same as I had on my 392, far better look than the stock look in my opinion.

Now it's just a wait for the AFE intake to arrive!

So far the car has been an absolute hit, everywhere she goes cameras come out and people stalk, every journey we take I look over to find jaws dropped. It's awesome!

So far she's been to numerous Cars & Coffees and a few car shows, in which she's already taken 2 trophies. I put it down to the car and also my awesome car show sign!!

I've now owned the 5.7, 6.4 and 6.2. I loved them all for different reasons, BUT the biggest difference between all three is between the 6.4 and 6.2 and NOT the 5.7 and 6.4 as I may have thought. The Hellcat is just a beast in a different category. She's not had much competition on the roads, but we did come against a GTR on the interstate and just blew for poor guy away.

One month down and many more to go, what an awesome car!!

IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2365.JPG DSC_0123.jpg DSC_0238.jpg DSC_0280.jpg DSC_0287.jpg DSC_0380.jpg DSC_0492.jpg DSC_0503.jpg DSC_0505.jpg

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rich

rich Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice cool pics!!

3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very cool car,, glad everything worked out,,btw. Thanks again about the insight...allot of people would of wanted to make something off it...where did you get the stand

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful finish on that paint. What are you using to get that shine?

5. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congatulations on a fine ride, OPM! Hope all of the trials and tribulations prove to be worth it. Is the fit and finish on the car good this time? Hope you can stay on the good side of the CPD. If I make it back to the low country, I'll give you a heads up. Would like to meet you!

6. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you Rich!

You're welcome and the stand for the sign came from Amazon.com. It's a good quality stand, cost about $25 BUT due to the size of the sign wind can tend to blow it over which is obviously BAD news.

Thank you, Pantom Black is just stunning, these photos don't show the flake well due to the sun setting. But I use exclusively Zaino products. I've always liked them, draw backs are cost and difficulty to get used too. Less is more with their products.

thank you Sir, you're the reason I ended up making the thread, you just kept asking me where it was!! And yes, hit me up if you're in town!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If it doesn't already look great those pics with the blue lighting are AWESOME!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Speedycrw

Speedycrw Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great looking Cat Owen( I may be biased :))! Way to turn around an awful experience :)

9. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did your hellcat come yet?

10. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On your next post, would like to see some Sepia interior....contrasted with the exterior if possible.

11. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love your car and your story. Very cool. Hey, since I ripped off your sign LOL (thanks) where did you get the stand. I've been looking for a good one but haven't found one yet. You probably posted the info. and I missed one of the 10 zillion posts that fly by every day!

12. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

13. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where did you get the sign? I'd like to have one.

14. Hemi Dave

Hemi Dave Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Can you detail my car for me? :)

Fantastic pics!!

15. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks B5!

Thank you and I agree!

I can certainly work on that, the Sepia works great with the Phantom Black.

I found it on Amazon, it ran about $20-$25. Nice and sturdy and comes with a carry case.

I designed and made it myself. See this thread: Free Challenger Charger Hellcat Display Sign for Car Shows SRT Hellcat Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1