first-time MOPAR owner... new 2016 SRT 392

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT 392' started by droideka, Mar 26, 2016.

1. droideka

droideka Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    i picked up my 2016 SRT 392 a couple of weeks back and have been LOVING it. i've been a fan of the new challenger since it's debut in '08, as many of my first loves in high school in the mid-eighties were mopar muscle like the 70 charger, 69 roadrunner and 69 super bee. the interior was always a low-point, IMO, and held me back, but the '15+ interior upgrades brought me around. there are still some nits that are unforgivable at a $50K price point like no memory seating, no auto one-touch up on the windows and that craptistic plastic on the lower door panels and seat surrounds. those points aside, the car has been FANTASTIC.

i originally went in looking for a hellcat, but there's still a crazy ADM locally that i refuse to pay and i'm too lazy/busy to chase one down in another part of the country. i did that with a '14 C7 Z51 stingray when allocations were thin and i wasn't interested in doing that again. i also have self-control issues when it comes to speed and belabored whether i would continually frustrate myself holding back 707HP. still, i don't kid myself that i would jump at a hellcat if the stars properly align... and i wouldn't land in the clink.

with the hellcat out of mind, i test drove an A8 '15 SRT 392 (meh) and waited for a '16 SRT 392 in GCM w/black laguna, 6MT and NO sunroof (i hate them) to come in at my local dealer for a test drive. honestly, the moment i saw it being finished up back in detail, i knew i had to have it. a short test drive confirmed that the 6MT was perfect for me and i waited four days to go back and buy it after talking it over with myself.

it's been a great two weeks thus far. i haven't had a manual transmission car for seven months since i dumped my C7 for a volvo super-wagon and have been missing the third pedal for some time. i never did bond with the C7 and sold it after 15 short months of ownership even though it was an absolute stunner in the looks department with the way i had configured the factory build. corvette culture is NOT for me and the dealers are pretty horrible (some of those idiots STILL can't properly change the oil on the Z51 and Z06 dry-sump cars), but the challenger is HOME. i am a muscle car guy and can no longer deny it. i ADORE this car. it is a fvcking awesome bruiser that bullies its way around, shreds rubber at will in anger, makes cacophonous noise and still stops on a dime. it is a joy to drive and one of the best auto purchase decisions i've made in a long time.

on to the pics i shot last weekend...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great decision and a great looking car.

3. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congratulations on your 392. The pictures came out very nice. I love the color of the rims.

4. Boggs

Boggs Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Congrats I just bought the same car in January absolutely love it I did get the sun roof though I like it

5. droideka

droideka Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thanks! I don't have any ill will for sunroof owners, just not for me. I prefer the lines of the greenhouse sans sunroof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love the sunroof, mainly for the light. If they had a glass roof like the mustangs I would have done that instead.

7. pumacat

pumacat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    COOL! What an incredible looking vehicle. Go MOPAR!

8. litdog

litdog Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Looks great. Congrats.

9. specl4ss

specl4ss Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats, welcome, nice car

10. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Beautiful. Congratulations! Exactly the way I ordered mine, sans sunroof in GCM, with black Laguna leather interior. I just love the way the red 392 emblem and the Brembo's look against GCM. Classy and sinister, all at the same time.

BTW... I do have memory seating, it's on the door (buttons 1-S-2), and also recognizes which keyfob you're carrying. You didn't get the tech pack?

11. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have a Charger. Challengers have no memory seating or one touch up windows C'mon Dodge!!

12. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I don't get this. That tech package is awesome. Anyway, congratulations on your purchase droideka. It's my first too and it's awesome.

13. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Interesting. I had assumed they were optioned similarly, but I guess not. That might make the OP's other cheap interior comments make more sense, too. Most of the Charger interior components are on par with my other cars, all being higher dollar Euro brands. I'm impressed with initial quality, excepting a few minor things (eg. flimsy rear deck panel) but do wonder how it will hold up compared to the same.

14. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum. That is a beautiful car in those pictures make the car look stunning

15. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The Hellcats don't even the technology package as an option for whatever reason.