First time with IRON X

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by MattG, Dec 18, 2015.

1. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    And boy am I thrilled.
    After reading a few threads on here about this product, I bought a liter bottle and put in a spray head.
    This is not cheap stuff, and for $40 for this bottle I hoped this was worth it.
    I used my wife's RAV4 as the Guinea pig vehicle.
    This car is garaged kept all its life and there were a few water marks and stains on it. I sprayed the hood and as told by others time it for 5 minutes and see the purple and blood red start to run down the car. It did.
    using a sponge I wiped it around and rinsed the hood off. what a smooth finish to start with.

I clayed the car and then waxed it. see the pics here for the way this looked and after I waxed it. I think it was well worth the money and now I look forward to doing my Dodge Dart convert and the Explorer. I might have enough, but will not hesitate to buy again.

When my wife came outside she commented on where is the skunk she smells. HAHAHA
    Yes it smells but not enough to prevent me from using it in the future. I had the Lemon scent one too !

Great product

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do they mean by "Iron filings and containment cleaner"? :confused:

3. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We have another convert! Iron-X is GREAT stuff! Mandatory for a proper prep job IMO...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattG

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    with all this acid rain and junk in the air.
    its great using this, it seems to take all that stuff off and down to the paint layer (clear coat) makes it super easy to get the car ready to buff out and wax.
    can't remember how long it's been feeling the finish so smooth.
    I have used clay bars before and this takes it to a higher degree.
    been using Adams and Griots stuff over the years and now more happy with the results.

5. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is bloody excellent stuff. Really does the job prior to a good wash and polish. Thoroughly recommend it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have gotten a bottle of it to try on my cat once it comes in.
    I sprayed a small spot on my beater civic to see how it works. It turned a deep purple and smelled like some one craped in a plastic toilet then set it on fire. So warning to those who may try it. do it out side my garage had that smell in it for a few days.
    The stuff works great tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is this cleaner actually designed for something different and it was discovered it works in this application as well? Look at the bottle in the first picture it says "Powerful Iron filings and containment cleaner"... what does that mean? That seems like a weird statement to put on a car product... I realize it also says "CarPro" on the bottle but just wonder if it was intended for something else?

8. MattG

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is my first bottle so I can't say if this is any different than what others have. I got it through Amazon.com
    If there is a different label than what I have, I hope that someone can explain your question.
    Here is a shot of the side label on the bottle. what is remaining is after doing one car A Toyota Rav4.

Attached Files:

9. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's a very respected product one in the industry that gets rave reviews in professional detail circles.

A lot of ferrous particles in the atmosphere that end up on your paint that normal wash methods don't completely remove.

Read here

CarPro Iron X 1 Liter (32 oz)

• Like Like x 1