Folks think you're a liar, at the local shows....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by X-Men Fiend, Feb 21, 2015.

1. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to a couple cruise-in car shows today, in my `72 Stingray, and there was a big contingent of late model Challengers at one of them. Felt sure I'd see a Hellcat, but NOT A ONE! Everybody was talking about them, however. Pointing out features on their R/T or SRT or Scatpack or Shaker SRT that are 'like a Hellcat' and one guy proudly showed off the "Hellcat wheels" he'd ordered for his new one he just got last week, and so on. One older man actually came running up, and as he looked at a new SRT Chall, out of breath, explained to me and it's owner that as he saw it pulling into the show from across the lot, he "thought it MIGHT be a Hellcat so he'd come running" camera in hand (but immediately recognized it wasn't a 'cat and promptly walked off dejected.) I enjoyed looking at them all and chatting with fellow Challenger fans, but it was unsettling when I eventually, after talking pleasantly a good while, mentioned I had a Hellcat coming soon, and then folks rolled their eyes, or shook their head with disgust, one even said 'sure you are' in a sanctimonious and downright mocking tone. Then one guy exclaims "insurance alone is $350 a month!", another retorts "and I'm not gonna wait three YEARS to actually receive my Challenger, I have it NOW!" (pointing to his R/T model) Then another explains how he was going to get a Hellcat, but there is 'no employee pricing on Hellcats' and that was a deal breaker so he got an SRT 392 and 'didn't have to wait all year', while another Challenger owner said "my dealer's asking $95 grand, I just got my 485hp Scat Pack for half that!" Another dude with a scowl of obvious disdain said "they got way more orders than they can ever hope to build, yet people STILL think they're getting a Hellcat" while shaking his head...so I walked off with my tail between my legs.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Aw, Hun, I am sorry that they were so discouraging. Here is a quaint, Southern saying that fits, sure hope I do not get in trouble with the mods, but as we sometimes gotta say, "F***'em and feed'em fish heads". Don't let them get you down ... just think about the looks on their faces when you do show up in your Hellcat!

April

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I rolled thru pavilions today for about 10 minutes. Went thru mopar isle and the swarms came and I couldn't move. Pics, videos, questions, etc etc etc. It was fing insane. No way was I parking there too many people around it I was freaking out.. However I heard from about 5 guys who came up to my window telling me they have one on order.. I asked do u have a vin, they reply no.. I then ask do u have at least a Von and they look at me like I'm speaking Japanese........... Umm hmm that's what I figured....

Very flattering all the compliments and etc etc. It was crazy I've never seen anything like it. Felt like a damn celebrity or something lmfao.....

• Like Like x 7
  4. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

And urs is coming my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rickydl

rickydl Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'll double down on what April said. And, to me, it sounds like all of them wanted a Hellcat, but settled for something less. Sounded kinda bitter. Not us!

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh. This happens to tsc and I as well. Especially before he took delivery on his Challenger. Now they laugh when I say my Charger is ordered and think we're making it up when we say we'll have two Hellcats. It's jealousy. Haters gonna hate! Ignore 'em. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I can only imagine, bet you could hardly drive without cutting some ogler off in mid-sentence huh?! I can imagine you'd not want to park, as by the time you'd step out of it, you'd be so swarmed you'd have no chance to step away to catch your breath and perhaps admire any of the other cars (and if you did, you'd be so worried about folks pawin' and climbin' all over your unattended cat, taking pic's!!!)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Indeed, as they basically made excuses for why they bought some other Challenger, they did come across as rather bitter!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow so many jealous folks and envious ones at that that you encountered. Shake them off man, once you get yours you're gonna be making them drool LOL the supercharger whine alone is so worth it. Don't tuck your tails between your legs but rather wear it high! You got good folks here with plenty of positive energy, I'm sure you already know most folks steer towards the negative rather quickly in any situation sadly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good things come to those with patience........................

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes..they didn't have the patience...or the bankroll...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LMFAO

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, it didn't really depress me or anything. It just felt awkward and unpleasant, being made to look like a lying flake and a wanna-be. But, I imagine they get tired of having people all day walking up, and claiming to be 'getting a Hellcat', so I guess it's understandable, since we on this forum understand that lots of people ordered them (but not necessarily gonna get an allocation!) Guess there are a lot of people who still have no clue about how these cars are 'distributed' and many assume they will definitely be getting the Hellcat they ordered (Yet they have no idea about such things as VON's and VIN's, so I suspect many will end up with disappointment in their garage, in place of their Hellcat!)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    VERY TRUE! One fellow furled his brow, while explaining "how ridiculous for anybody to pay over a thousand dollars a year JUST for the registration!" (as if it's dirt cheap on his new SRT 392!) Indeed, haters gonna hate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tell u what was nice though. The old school guys - the 440 super bees fully restored and the 440 six packs pulling up next to me while driving just giving the thumbs up wanting to carry conversation between cars at 40mph, lol just straight up paying homage to the cat... That was really cool.....

U will see ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2