FoPar family

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Tom McCord, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Tom McCord

Tom McCord Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi All. Lady Vol and I are the proud owners of a Charger Hellcat. We would have had two hellcats but Dodge took too long to start production and I became impatient and purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500. My need for boost got the best of me.

I am totally impressed with the Hellcat. So much that I am certain that Shelby mods are coming. Cindy and I have an understanding. I taught her everything she knows about drag racing. The minute that she consistently beats me, I get mods or a faster car! She now has 600 miles on the Hellcat (now known as Bad Kitty) so I have purchased two wheels and 305/35/20 Nitto 555r drag radials for her car to match the set I bought last year for the Shelby. This spring and summer will be fun!!!

I have attached a picture of the two cars side by side taken the day we picked up Bad Kitty. Our dealership does not order any Hellcats for stock. They order when customers configure their own car and place the order. Our car hit the lot at 06:30 and we were driving it away at 2pm the same day. Thanks Nyle Maxwell Supercenter in Austin!

Here are a few pictures of both cars and a few pictures of the graphics being installed on Bad Kitty

11037347_10205276648269818_4482806490560277675_n.jpg EbonyandIvory.jpg IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0881.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Tom glad to see you and your lady both registered and active here. Love both muscle cars and unique design! Can't wait to see more pics. Enjoy!

3. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool and Congratulations!

4. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats...excellent choice of cars. I love the color of that shelby GT500..something nostalgic about it..:)

5. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let's see some pics of you two at the strip. Nice cars!

6. Tom McCord

Tom McCord Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will not take up a lot of space talking up the Shelby in this forum. That I promise. I do want to tell this story though.

If ever you meet Ralph Giles, ask him about the crazy lady with the 2012 Orange SRT8 Challenger (the car she had before Bad Kitty). She met Ralph at a SRT tent at Circuit of the Americas (COTA). She immediately shook her finger in his face saying "You screwed up!!" "What did I do?" was his reply. "You waited too long to put the Hellcat into production and my husband bought a Shelby GT500!" Ralph didn't hesitate. His response was: "We do take those in trade you know."

Everyone please understand. I am 56, almost 57 years old. I have been a Mopar man for 40 years. I was racing Mopar when my wife and I met 33 years ago. In my old age, I have become impatient. When I want something, I don't want to wait. I wanted boost so my 2013 Challenger SRT8 was sold and the 2014 Shelby entered the garage.

Here is a picture of the inside of the detached garage we built about a year ago. The house had a two car garage but that was not enough. We have a 4th car that I have shown in another picture. The 4th car is a 2010 Mustang convertible that we use for parades to carry dignitaries in open air. The garage picture shows the Shelby up on the lift, the 2015 Dart grocery getter, and Bad Kitty.

sleeping.jpg VertiStang.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's a wonderful story! Your wife sure did let Ralph have it! Must say Ralph was quick on his feet as well with that Spontaneous response! I dont mind any conservations about cars...as long as it revolves around cars. Brand/manufacturers are immaterial. I commented on your 2014 Shelby cause that is exactly what I own as well....besides the HC of course. :):D Nice to see your wonderful garage and collection of cars. Great taste. Cheers!

8. Taclleh 1

Taclleh 1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Tom to the Forum, Nice collection!

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think they purposely waited until 2015 to release the HC to avoid Fords competition

look what ford did to the Zl1....they heard about its HP and added 112hp to theirs to beat it from day 1....Ford would have most likely done the same if there was a 2015 GT500

Dodge was smart about the release date....all the automakers take their turns being #1

the Camaro only had 1 year for the SS before the 392.....and the Camaro has never been ontop with the Zl1

ill bet we see something from Chevy besides the Vette to compete with the HC at some point

im sure Dodge is getting lots of ex GT500 and Zl1 owners buying HC's

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love that garage,, I'm so getting one of those in my next house,,I have room for a lift now,, but would have to take off the garage door opener,, which I just bought..Are the decals on the cat reflective

11. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Grtz on both of your cars, they are both gorgeous! I am biased toward the HellCat, of course!

April

• Like Like x 1
  12. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't speak for the others but I'll listen to you talk about your Shelby all day long. I like nice cars. I don't give a rats ass who makes them.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great story and nice garage. What are you using for your four post?

14. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you haven't look into a jackshaft type garage door opener. When I did my garage I had to go industrial jackshaft. Now they have some nice DC residential units.

The jackshaft opener mounts on the wall and the door would need to have new tracks installed that go straight up the wall to the ceiling. Gets the door up high to the ceiling and the opener is out of the picture.

Definitely requires a bit of time and money to change out but man once you get a lift you will wonder how you ever lived without one. When I built the house I'm in now I knew I was doing a two post from day one. Best thing I ever did!

15. Tom McCord

Tom McCord Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes.. reflective

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1