Ford Dealers are just as crooked as Dodge Dealers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Tazman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  2. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would make them 10x more crooked

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL

4. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Comedy at its best!! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just like the hellcat it will soon level off.. But its fun for a giggle.

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they are the same......when i wanted to order my 13gt500 i got offers of $8k adm to order it for me.....i found it for -$4,450 sitting on a showroom floor......there are always dealers who want to sell cars and those that want to screw people...its not just a Dodge thing..

the GT 350r is an actual limited car....so i can see an ADM on it...i dont think a GT350 is nearly as limited and the market will come down to earth

7. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While I was waiting for my promised / nonexistent allocation,....... I was in contact with a Ford dealership that had a GT 350 allocation. Their game was to sign up as many names of folks who were interested and essentially start an auction. The highest bidder would receive the allocation.

Wished them luck and told them I wasn't interested in conducting business that way. Next day I found my HC that had just rolled off the delivery truck.

Guess these dealers can pull off the huge ADMs as long as there are folks out there willing to pay it. ....free market and all. I don't have deep enough pockets for that kind of car deal. But....I got my cat....call me Happy!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ive talked about this 1000x's here....and i still dont get why people wait in line to order a car...why they are so fussy when these cars only have a couple of options that they MUST order the car to get it exactly the way they want it....then they wonder why they get screwed

buy a car off the showroom floor....if they arent there, wait until they are......

when i bought my 13 gt500 in jan 13 and my HC in Jan 15 i just went out and got it....they were both sitting there...one was 1,350 miles away and the other 350 miles away........did i just luck out the 2x's i tried?

if its not available yet, wait...it will be.....they may sell the gt350 for 2 more years+

finding a car wasnt hard.......i will admit when they stopped making A8's you were going to pay an ADM for any A8.....other than those few months the HC has always been sitting at dealerships somewhere in the US...some selling for MSRP.....i think most here paid MSRP

• Like Like x 1
  9. Radride

Radride VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You know what's funny?? I can buy a GT350 right now for MSRP but have to sell my soul for a Hellcat...and still not get it LOL.

R.K.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hear you.....but for me....I wasn't fussy about colors, and there really isn't many options to get hung up about...I just wanted an A8 and didn't want the matt hood. For me, I didn't have much free time...until early this winter.... to seriously work on chasing one down in other states. I scoured this state and into surrounding and didn't find any available. So, the next best thing was for me to plunk a deposit down on an allocation, for MSRP, at a dealer that handled Vipers. I think my wife is glad we found the car.....she was very tired of the emails and phone calls from dealers all over the nation I had contacted this past November. I would say 90% had ADM's whether they had HC's in stock or on order. The ADM's ranged from $1K to $20K.

Folks were paying ADM's to Ford dealers when I purchased my Boss in July of 2012. This was near the end of the two year run for this vehicle. I was lucky to find it on the showroom floor of a dealer for MSRP. There were two others in this state....both at one dealership. One regular like mine for $5K ADM and one Laguna for $10K ADM. So, I have had success in finding two special cars at MSRP.

I think traveling long distances to get one of these vehicles is an option.....but may not work for everybody. Thus the allocation deal is still out there. For me, it was great to find a car within 1,000 miles....but it takes time and extra $$$$ to arrange enclosed transport. So, while not entirely desirable, I can still see why folks might still use the allocation route....IMHO.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  11. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like the new GT350 and 350R, but it's not worth the ADM...

Viper TA or ACR would ass rape that car for those prices, even a Gen 4 ACR comes to mind when I think track car. Those are down to $60k-$75k range.

12. Senderofan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That ACR is one fine automobile. If I could swing the cost....I'd gladly put one of those in my stable. Amazing job SRT!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If that is true then you should go by it right now, and just re-sell it for a profit.

I'd be surprised to see any of these cars other then a small few go for MSRP. Especially when they have a production limit of only a few hundred. When you have an actual cap from the manufacture that makes the prices much more volatile. Its not exactly like Dodge since there is no hard production limit. If anyone actually has a chance to get a GT350 for MSRP it would be a quick way to make some $$$.

14. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you in Canada? Hellcats are setting the showrooms at MSRP in the US now. Should be no problem finding one.

15. Radride

Radride VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup. I'm in Canada. The land of "you might see your Hellcat by 2018 even though we build them here".

With my luck, I'll buy the GT350 and won't be able to sell it and will have to keep it. I would rather buy a 14 GT500 just incase I have to keep it. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go look at a GT500 this weekend. If its as nice as the pictures and description, I might forget about the whole Hellcat thing.

R.K.