SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Front Bumper And Fascia Rubbing?

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Hemiride 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone elses Front Bumper and Fascia/Grill rubbing together? The paint looks like it's pushed up or rubbed up against each other. The older challengers had this issue with the clips breaking or just bending and wondering if anyone else has this issue. It's not as noticable but I'll post some pictures.

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone elses Front Bumper and Fascia/Grill rubbing together? The paint looks like it's pushed up or rubbed up against each other. The older challengers had this issue with the clips breaking or just bending and wondering if anyone else has this issue. It's not as noticable but I'll post some pictures.

Cube, mine has the same thing. Maybe about 1/2 the size of yours , but in the exact same spot. I never noticed it, but my wife did. I am not even gonna mess with it. It is so minor and they would probably make it worse if they tried to fix it. Mine was built on 5/25.

#3 ·
Snappycat, Dustin on DriveSRT Hotline/Chat has been building a case on them. It will get worse as other owners started with what i have and it just keeps rubbing. The dealership is going to take photos today and ill let everyone know what happens.

#6 ·
Mine is only on the driver side. I did leave Destan a VM re: mine

#10 ·
Jeff from SRT told the Dealership the fix is replacing the front bumper and fascia, then respraying. The dealership wants me to use their shop as they say it has to be their Chrysler bodyshop for the warranty to work, I told them if the paint doesn't match, if there is any fisheyes or etc it's coming right back to them. Overspray in the engine bay or etc or badges don't line up perfectly i'll be back till they make it right.

Trying to reach out to Jeff to make sure that he himself said that or the dealer just wants the money for the work.

#15 ·
I have the same "rubbing" issue on my front facia. I don't like it, but didn't think it was something the dealer would do anything about other than shrug off. The typical answer for pretty much any probelm is, "that's normal".

#16 ·
My dealer said the samething, their unknown body shop said the samething. My detail shop and my body shop and Jeff from SRT said that isn't the case and its bad.

My now never going to again dealer said I MUST use their recommended body shop in order for them to do my warranty paperwork while Jeff from DriveSRT said that is not the case. I called Another dealer nearby and they said "You choose the shop, we file the work. The shop just has to agree with what chrysler wants to pay"

#17 ·
Hi Guys good morning I need help for my 2016 Hellcat with a 6k plus mile in it. I notice 2 months ago grill n bumper is having a small gap but now is getting biger! Ill try to figure it out when i open the plastic cover inside I saw a over spray :-( can anyone help thank you
Ps
I purchase brand new my friend car painter told me its not suppose to have a over spray because its brand new when I purchase.please help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.