Frustrated with searching and dealers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bluesun, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Bluesun

Bluesun Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel the need to vent about this, and this is really the only place to do it where people will understand. After emailing/calling more dealers than I can count, I'm starting to get pretty frustrated in general. Either they don't respond at all, respond once then never again with no info that I asked for, or even worse respond with info that I know to be flat out wrong. I had a dealer that was over 200 miles away spam me, asking me when I was free to come in, after telling me they had no Hellcats and that I would never find one at any dealer, period. When I asked them why, "I thought you might be interested in the R/T we have in stock." o_O

I get that Dodge didn't anticipate the demand for the Hellcat, but it seems like way too many dealers are taking advantage of the situation, doing exactly what Dodge said they didn't want to happen. I found a really close match to my ideal HC, but it's nearly $80k with like 1,500 miles, listed as "new" o_O. Get the F out of here with that nonsense. I understand supply and demand and all that, but the saying "you're not wrong, you're just an @sshole" comes to mind. I really, really hope Dodge ups the ante for 2016 with some real supply capabilities, no price increase, and maybe even some punishment for douche bag dealerships.

I know I'm not the only one that's looking for their HC, and I know Dodge doesn't owe me shit. But that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I just want some 700hp daily driver action :(. I'm not getting any younger!

/rant

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You're only 35 trade ya:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You want it badly enough, you hunt until you score a kill. It's business. Not sayin' it's good business but each dealership will have it's own business model. Many will shank you. F'em, stay focused, make it happen.

I couldn't get a spot in line early on, even with the number of SRT products I've owned. I will never pay a mark up. A bunch of dealers asked for large deposits for a "maybe" with fat mark ups...no thanks.

I drove my 14 GT500 with Revan Racing 13-6 build while I hunted. It took until about 2 months ago. Had to stay focused and control my aggravation from dealers with pricing in the 80K plus range.

THEN...the sun broke out and I found my car, actually my VON, from a dealer with a customer who backed out. More sun...my second color choice with Brass Monkey rims and A8! Then...completed and delivered early, with Monkeys and auto!!!

Many here have graciously offered their congratulations and I appreciate it, especially from those who still wait for their Hellcat to arrive. They, and I, recognize how lucky I was with this. The other factor is one of life's realitites...you also have to make your luck.

Stay focused and hunt. Be relentless and never give up.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Indeed it is frustrating. At this point, a 2016 model is looking more appealing as it will have 1 year less depreciation on it versus the 2015. Most of the salesmen at the dealerships I talk to are shocked I'm still holding on to my September 2014 order.

5. sledguy

sledguy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel your pain. I call on average two to three dealerships a day and get much the same response that you do. Still holding on to my 6/6 VON but keeping several 2016 ordering options open.

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It seems that there are some that keep showing up for sale on this forum and there are several used ones for sale. you will need a plane ticket. I got lucky but when my dealer got a Charger ( their next allocation) they also got the greed and went +20K.

7. sledguy

sledguy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    plane ticket is not a problem~I really like the guys that ask if I can drop by the dealership when I have told them I live in Idaho.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think there are some 6 speeds that are coming in to a few dealers. that were part of that special allocation BS

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. IvoryCat

IvoryCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to Dodges website, searched their inventory and found quite a few within a 300 mile radius from my town. I found the color I wanted and started calling. After a few days of texting the sales rep I closed the deal on my HC at MSRP. There are plenty of HC's sitting on showroom floors. Trust me, If you really want one then you can get one at MSRP too!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  10. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I get it, but also I got it. While sitting in VON HELL on my Charger HC and realizing the runway was getting short for MY15, I started looking for options. Same thing you are seeing; no responses, spaming, or outrageous markup and greed, greed, greed.

Just keep looking, calling, filling out dealership availability requests. Dodge.com and plug in a bunch of zip codes around the country and Cars.com. It paid off for me and I'll be picking up next week a Charger HC (MSRP + a few hundred) that is in transit. Not MSRP but less than 1% over.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    many "sold customer" cars are on the Web site, they auto link the vins at some point so customer cars show up ( for sale) for a few days when in transit. Mine showed up once it hit a certain point in the factory, it was on the Dodge site and also my dealers site ( they must link up). My dealers I.T. guy must have pulled it down because it got removed from the dealer site sooner than from the Dodge site.
    I was worried that somebody would go in there and offer big bucks for my car. It did not happen.

But I sense people find some of these "sold" cars on the sites and get frustrated after making lots of phone calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes the smaller dealers are getting hellcats and a lot of them are for sale . So start calling the smaller guys. And don't wait till you see it online because chances are somebody is probably going to beat you to it

13. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah but he may be 45 by the time FCA fills his order.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The problem is, you have to be willing to sacrifice the A8 which many want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Your frustrated?

There are canadians who ordered when order banks opened July 2014 that haven't gotten their ordered cars yet.

Rumors in October 2014 that FCA anticipated demand of around 5k units for Challys... turns out in the first ten days nearly 9000 vons were recorded. Each individual SC Hemi engine gets dynoed. Not very many are done each day. Plus Brampton builds around 200 to 300 per week, if and when they get the parts (indluding the SC dynoed Hemi). Then the A 8 tranny shortage from that manufacturer, plus FCA letting A8s go to Charger HC.

There's a lot more to it than showing up, putting down your credit score and a deposit and saying where's my car.