Fuel Rail Recall experience in McKinney, TX.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by JustinHills, May 1, 2015.

1. JustinHills

JustinHills Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called in yesterday when I got my recall. My guy was super willing to get me in right away. (I've established a pretty good relationship with him because of the car) They ordered the part next day, got me in at 7:30am. They were finished by 11:30am no problem. I would have been there for 5 minutes had I not bullshitted with him about nonsense and jeeps for so long. Easy process and the car came back in perfect shape, no scratches or dings anywhere. McKinney Dodge is a great spot and took care of me and my baby well yet again!

No need to worry about your cat, its a quick process it sounds like for just about everyone!

hellcat2.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not me mine was there all day and did not get fixed!
    Could not tell me what they did expect some flash updates and a hose clamp

3. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the report. I'm dreading taking mine to the dealerships in my area (Arlington). I've yet to find a service department nearby that I'd trust with my HC.

4. deguello2003

deguello2003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took mine to Lewisville they knocked it right out but I called SRT owners group at Dodge first and got part in dealership ahead of time.

5. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Classic Dodge in Corinth is really good too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    going on three months and my dealer still cant get me a fuel rail... yet the place I purchased 150 miles away has the part and wont ship or sell since its a auto replenish item they wont get a replacement..(don't want them to touch my car anyway) I just love this customer service! I can only imagine the run a round ill get with a warranty claim!! u connect says parts available ? SMH

7. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Darn..they're still dorking around with this....had mine replaced at end of April.....dealer only had one, but when I called they saved it for me until I could go in (1.5 weeks later)....really sounds like a dealer issue to start...
    Sorry about the run around:(.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yep, saw n spoke with my service rep yesterday.. who had contacted their Chrysler Rep at my request.. I had to go in for him to take photos of my car at the dealership and the VIN plate to send to the Rep before he would send a recall repair part? sounded odd to both of us but it was an easy enough hoop for us to jump thru if it gets me the rail.... I gave my rep (a cool n nice young fellow) a wink n said I was having a problem with my car and needed his opinion... I took him for a HELLRIDE :D lots of OMG OMG baddass OMG .. I feel confident he will do all he can for me ;) we shall see!

• Like Like x 2
  9. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let us know how it turns out.....sometimes, as you stated "saw n spoke with my service rep yesterday" its good to do the old fashion way.....face to face meeting. Its nice to have the e-mails, voice mails, texting etc....but darn (PC..LOL)...it feels good to go down and get in their face:D..
    Its bizarre about the pictures and all.....like your a hoarder collecting fuel rails....LOL..
    You know, the service rep...you ruined him for life:eek:....LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL! maybe! I wanted him to go back n tell all the cool peeps what a BADDAZZ car it is! my service rep is awesome... im confident hes doing all he can from his end

11. sleepingtiger74

sleepingtiger74 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where is the dread from? I'm scared now with your comment.

12. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Meador is slimy, got me for 2500$ for what should have been covered under warranty as well as having to return 4 times for a separate issue because they keep telling me they couldn't find the problem.

Roger Williams also sold me a diesel pickup that had been tuned by the previous owner so when I went in for service at another dealership I was initially denied service due to the programming. Roger Williams swore they did 1001 point inspection and it was impossible they missed it. They couldn't present documentation proving they'd looked at it at all, Chrysler stepped in and overrode everybody.

I bought a brand new Longhorn Laramie 2500 diesel from Holt, my salesman quit a few days later. I went in for my first free oil change and the service writer directed me to a sales manager for approval of my first free oil change. He said no, he's not authorized because it wasn't in my paperwork. The general manager wasn't in so I left a message with reception for him to give me a call. When the GM called he started ranting about how I verbally abused his sales manager and didn't appreciate it. The problem is, that never happened and the service writer backed me up as she was present the entire conversation. I got an apology from the GM but not the sales manager and I still ended up eating the oil change. I tried to give them a second chance and they wasted about 6 hours of my day trying to bait and switch me into a scat pack when I came in to order a Hellcat.

On a positive note I just had 6 months worth of recalls, tsb's, an oil change and updates done at Clay Cooley and they did a pretty good job. Waiting room sucks, loud, small, cramped, dirty, and chaotic but they got the work knocked out and put me in a loaner without me having to get SRT involved. However....I have been waiting for a call back from them about a backordered hose clamp for 3 weeks now.

13. 707 Cat

707 Cat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine went in yesterday morning for the fuel rail and software updates. The deaaler here in Thousand Oaks was great. I brought it at 7:30 am and waited for it. They finished it by 11:30 including many updates and new upper radiator clamp. Car was clean and right.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    had the new rail installed yesterday :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :):):):) That's great..just in time for the next recall..LOL. In your case, should of been gold plated...heck, you could of walked up to Brampton and picked it up yourself as long as it took:(. Glad to hear it:)
    Now all we have to worry about is the radiator:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1