Full Hellcat PPF Wrap

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by AZ HELLCAT, Jan 14, 2016.

1. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone here had there Chally completley wrapped in PPF? Xpel has a kit for the entire car. I go in next Friday for it. Going to take 3 days. Curious if anyone else has had this completed?

2. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hmm not sure id do that man, even if you use the expel wich is good stuff after like 3 years it can yellow and can be a bear to get off and damage clear.. buddy i know does it as suggested not doing the whole car,, look into nano coatings they protect paint from scratches and marring and are very durable and still lets car shine to its fullest.. no ppf at all going on my cat based on what i have learned and heard from previous owners expirenecs..
    used kamikaze nano coatings from esoteric car care..go on there website and talk to todd the owner..

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks for the opinion. The car is already covered in three coats of courts actually I have a lot of experience with my other vehicles with PPF so I'm confident in the sun tech product I originally did the front clip of my Chally with expel and compared to my other vehicles with Sun Tech I have to say the Sun Tech is better. But will actually use the layouts from expel but the sun tech material With 2 layers of Quartz on the PPF it actually lasts a hell of a lot longer than three years there's a 10 year warranty alone on The new suntek I believe not including the Quartz on it that protects it and makes it even clearer I saw a c7 zo6 simpler let wrapped and came out great. Never seen a chally yet though. Will be a lot easier to clean and not sweat swirls or scratches that's for sure.

4. mrcaio

mrcaio Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I've had a clear bra on my 2012 since it was brand new (think mine might be 3M film though). I live in South Florida so the sun so plenty strong down here. No yellowing or dulling. Still looks as good as new. My wife has it on her 2012 as well. 40,000 miles on hers and no problems. I'll definitely do it on my next car.

$.02

5. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My guy here says use the 3M stuff and specifically said that the "kits" were bad news...

I'm planning on doing the front and some portion of rocker panels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrcaio

mrcaio Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Pretty sure mine was 3M. It's been a few years so I don't really remember. I had it done at a shop not a kit.

7. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did not do whole car, but your $$, so go for it

8. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea the 3m is dated by years have front clips done on my srt gc n 2 cats. Sunteck n expel. Stuntek is way better. Way

9. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  10. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just saw a p1 McLaren last week.. The guy had expel totally wrap the car.. Took a little over three weeks to complete!! I figured he spent 1.2mil on the car alone..
    I willing to bet he did his research, don't sound like a bad idea for my Cat!!! IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Retail is 6k for it. I'm getting it done for 5k plus have to add the Quartz to it after that. I'm game. It will keep scratches out, chips, swirls u name it. Pretty pumped about it. Will post pics after completed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I looked at them all as well. I agree that the Sunktek is better than the XPEL. The new 3M is not dated though.... The product has been revised several times and the new stuff has come a long way.

All three are good products. I have the entire nose done and the lower rockers all the way back. I love the protection but I don't care for it otherwise.... Unless you wrap every edge they tend to pick up dirt over time (daily driver). I also prefer the look of the paint with nothing over it. That said, I'd do it again as it really protects the front end from damage.

13. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

You can have suntek and xpel printed so the corners wrap around