Full wax job and let it dry for hours before removing!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by DGatzby, Jun 21, 2015.

1. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been a Griots Garage consumer for years. Always put their Best of Show Wax on my custom show bike and won Best of Class 2/2 times. So, now use this nasty ole fashioned put it on and let it dry and sweat getting this stuff off, when I can go buy some spray on wax for $20 on a whole car? Not pay someone to put some cover on the car? What am I stupid? Well, had a rainy Saturday and I am "bach'ing" it this weekend so I can do what I want. This winter while in VON hell I must have stocked up on $500 worth of a new orbital, every polish, corrective stuff, that did not matter, tons of different pads, more micro fiber than a man deserves, my new Cat will deserve everything. Yesterday was the day, looked at their instructional videos again in amazement. Could you really put that stuff on, let it dry for hours and just use this magical spray on wax mist and it wipes right off?

Well first I thought I was a painter. I have clayed and polished this thing, polished on a couple of panels many times now to get all the shit factory crap off of it. Had to polish the re-painted door again. But had to wait for it to cure a bit before we really got into it to make it perfect. The car is full of cracks and beautiful rubber seals just waiting to give me a bad time, you all know that if you have done yours. I taped every crack, covered every last rubber item that may get contaminated. That took as long as applying or wiping I will tell you. But in the end, I was not picking, rubbing or wondering how I was going to get that nasty stuff off my seals etc.

At mid-day we have this:

image.jpg

Some pointers, they are not kidding, put that stuff on as light as you dare, that is correct. Don't apply much product, little goes a long way. Use a random orbital, don't even attempt to do this by hand. When it is cured use their spray wax mist to get it off. OMG it works and it works slick. One microfiber will lead to 2-3 to completely wipe off the product. I did use only one new wax removal microfiber for final buff.

Later in the afternoon, one tired man but look at the reflection of the sky in the rear quarter and trunk panel. I am very happy, she came out great. Those products work exactly like they say and it was amazing easy to get it off!

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used to use Best of Show back in the mid 90's. Nothing wrong with it but not my favorite wax. The problem is there are just too man products and not enough time LOL. If you prep the car right (which I'm sure you did) just about any wax will look great!

I won't use any products that stain the rubber or seals. Too much good technology in products now to mess with stuff that makes a mess.

Car looks excellent! Love a shiny Jazz Blue cat!