Fun SRT track day yesterday

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Snappycat, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did the SRT Track Experience, yesterday 11/15, at Fontana, CA. I really enjoyed it and got to meet other SRT owners and forum members...MVAF, 1 Sick Veilside and MoparConvert. too. I know the current format will end soon as big changes are coming for 2016. I would just like to acknowledge the entire SRT road crew for their hospitality and overall professionalism. Got to drive Vipers, HC Challengers..both M6 and A8, 392 Chargers/Challengers and SRT Grand Cherokees. A very positive experience and I hope all of those getting SRT vehicles in the future can attend for whatever is being planned for 2016.:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  2. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm looking forward to my own SRT experience next year!!! Thanks for the report!!

3. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a great time buddy! my question to you is how much faster does the Viper feel over the HC?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We really didn't a chance to go WOT...at least not very long, so hard to tell. The Viper seemed "clunkier" and not a smooth as the HC...could also be the difference in suspensions I suppose. Drove the M6 HC...I have the A8. Although the M6 was fun, I am glad I got the A8

5. Bobbrown13

Bobbrown13 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    On the road course we did at TMS you couldnt go WOT either. The best run I was able to get was in an A8 Hellcat boxed in by two staff drivers. That time I was able to slide through some corners. Otherwise the lead driver goes so slow that you really can't tell which car would be faster. I did my Hot Lap in the Viper and that was at least 15 miles an hour faster in the speed sections than the average run.
    What was a surprise was that because of the AWD the Jeep was faster than the 392 in the autocross.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats...from what i hear about the coming changes to the program your lucky to do it when you did....sounds like the revised track experience is going to be something most wont bother doing...i heard its in 1 location and only 1 out of the 4 days is paid for by dodge

• Agree Agree x 1