Funny back-and-forth with a Hellcat hating Mustang lover...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Ironside, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Earlier today I was talking to a couple buddies about the Hellcat I ordered when another guy I know walked up and suggested "real men buy Mustangs".

We all looked at him, confused, and asked if he was joking (SURELY he had to be). I asked "do you even know what a Hellcat is?"

He replies "yeah, of course... that's that Dodge thing that makes a lot of noise but gets left in the Shelby Mustang's dust!"

I literally LOL'd and asked him which MAGICAL Mustang he was referring to? He smugly answered "I'll show you" and started googling God-knows-what until he yells "ah-HA!" and begins to tell us about a 620(?)hp Mustang, then says "can your sweet little Hellcat compete with that? I asked if he was referring to the 662hp Shelby from last year and he didn't appear to know what I was talking about.

I then, of course, told him about the 707 ponies on tap in the Cat and he was visibly shaken as he desperately asked "well, how heavy is it, it's gotta weigh SO much more than the Mustang".

He then started googling (or trying to) the Challenger and asked "what did you say it was called? Hellcat R/T or something?"

He kept INSISTING the Mustang would smoke it in the 1/4 mile. I told him what kind of times the Cat was putting down and he says "it's one thing to claim this or that, but where's your proof???"

I showed him the recent video of the Hellcat with drag radials and race gas ripping the 10.4 1/4 mile and he went silent. He tried to say "it's an OK time, I guess".

After a brief pause and several attempts at bringing up some "factory twin turbo upgrade you can order that gives the Mustang 850hp" he tried to change the subject altogether... LOL

My other buddy leaned over and whispered "this guy has obviously never even heard of a Hellcat..."

Desperation is a STINKY cologne!

Thought I'd share the story, it was pretty darn funny!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I want to feel sorry for Mr Mustang, but ... I cannot manage to scrape up any sympathy at all. LOLOL!

April

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a coworker who has a 662 horse GT500... and he is absolutely beside himself that I am getting a Hellcat.. he constantly tries to explain to me the weight difference, power to weight ratio, etc...

My response to him was... "dont be mad at me because you bought the wrong car..." lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mustang owners are a special kind of people,, they think there car is the fastest on the plant,, and there are some really fast mustang out there,, those guys don't go around with a sock in there pants bragging.lol.. don't get me started on vette owners,, most are a special kind of azz hole

5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In situations like this, I still refer back to HemiDave's writeup:

Granted, it's for a ZL1, but a Mustang could be applicable too. Even so, I have a lot of respect for ZL1 and Shelby... and that's not stinky cologne, it's fear you smell.

Time for a funny break - originally from HemiDave.

.................................................. .................................................. ..
    You hear the approaching Hellcat exhaust note.....undeniably Hellcat....

Your heart quickens.....hands tighten around your ZL1's steering wheel....

Your buddy in the passenger seat say's..."Kill dat fat ass pig!!!"

You see the 4 Halo's coming up fast.....fast as all Hell.....

Your mind whispers to you.."It cant be coming that fast ..the calculations don't add up.....don't worry....it's not real."

But your eyes....ohhh your lying eyes.....see the demon...about to have you for a snack.......

No road course in sight....you think..."What the F do I do now!!!!"

Your heart is racing like mad.....gonna come out of your chest....Hurts like hell

Sweat pours down your face....this is real...this is no road course pleasure day ....

This counts.....The pressures on.....Damn!!!...you think...Where is the RING!!!!

The Hell demon is now upon you...FUK!!.....It's F'in Hemi Dave!!!...

Red light....side by side now....no one around....clear road...no intersection ahead....

.....You think...$hit no!!.....Oh HELL NO!.....

...Your boy see's your fear....he hears the Hellcat exhaust.... roar...and roar....glass cracks....buildings shake...

....Your ass puckers just a bit... just as your boys puckers.....

Why did you eat that burrito!?!? ............

You now realize that calculations don't mean $hit......but it's too late

You know you have 3 choices now.......

......One..... Witness a probable straight line ZL1 death.....Your ZL1....

......Two....Ask Dave to head over to the RING....(which you already have pre-loaded in your GPS for such a situation)

......Three...Turn left and say you don't street race......

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    great story! it always baffles me how many ppl are out there talking a lot of ego stroked words without doing much research or seeing it before you believe it. i like humble people more than ego stroked ones. thanks for sharing! you are good to not down this guy for talking trash ha

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When did a mustang owner learn to TALK, ................WOW

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wait...weren't you giving me SHIZZY about your Mustang feeling faster than your Hellcat?? LOL. o_OYes, my Corvette nemesis is gonna get a spanking and he isn't gonna like it cause his sock fall out when my hellbaby shakes the Shizzy outta his car!! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW you guys I own a GT 500 convertible and a 2012 SRT-8 392 ( got a hellcat in the black hood hole).

They are different cars. I like them both. No reason to trash talk them. Any modified cars vs a bone stock car is not a fair race. the Hellcat is faster than any stock Mustang. But its inexpensive to modify a Mustang and make it pretty fast. No a Saleen or other conversion is not a stock unit. Yes I plan to run my GT500 vs my Hellcat this spring at the track 1/4 mile on test and tune night ( Tuesday night). I think my GT with tuner, exhaust, cold air and smaller pulley will give the Hellcat a good run. Once we re tune the Hellcat then its game over.

But trust me you are not comparing apples to apples. why not compare the Hellcat vs the Porsche Boxer??? Or compare it to a GSXR motorcycle.

really????????????????? sorry to say this but some of you need to grow up.

10. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ford guys in general, and especially Mustang guys, bring a WHOLE other level of stupid to the equation.

I've met very few Ford people I like; my mom and stepdad because, well I have to:D, my old boss at Halliburton who loved his 7.3 but the man is smart and knows it's limitations, and a co-worker at Halliburton also who had a 7.3.

Other than that, most are in the ignorant column. They are completely brand blind and refuse anything that might be better/stronger/faster than their Fords.

One Mustang I would buy, however, is an '03/'04 Terminator Cobra.

11. 71hcc

71hcc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It didn't seem to me that it was as much about the cars as it was about the seemingly majority of idiot drivers who have them. That was my take on the read anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Personally, I am a fan of both Ford and Dodge ... never have been overly fond of Chevy, but must admit the new Stingray is really pretty! A good car, is a good car ... no matter the maker.

April

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, your car is amazing! You are correct, it isn't a fair comparison. I am a die hard Mopar fan, but respect all fast cars. I will also give my Corvette nemesis crap because he gets a kick out of giving it right back to me! He is a turd and very arrogant about it! But, you are right. I shouldn't judge all Corvette drivers as being like him so, I try not to. I wouldn't want everyone getting a Hellcat anyway, I like having something special and perfect for me! I do refuse to grow up too much though. You only live once and I am going to enjoy every minute while I am here! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I respect all 3 car brands, no need to hate on anyone, it's the drivers who hate just like guns don't kill people, people kill people , although a bit harsh comparison. There will always be fan boys and loyalists as one adopted grand father I have would say. Let's just all get along :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i own a 2013 gt500 and a HC....2 totally different cars
    i dont think you can compare the 2..........i do hear a ton of GT500 guys talking sh*t about the HC....less so now that the video's of the 10 second 1/4 mile are out
    they have all moved on to the gt350r and the new Ford GT

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2