future owner of a b5 blue in d1 staus

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by don selleck, Sep 7, 2015.

1. don selleck

don selleck Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi, I'm Don from Michigan, never thought i would own one of these incredible machines, been a follower since hearing about some guys at chrysler proving grounds talking about a new car with a lot of horses in 2013. bought a new ram last year just after i bought a 1968 charger rt to restore ( which is currently in process, sept 14th will be one year, finish date of sometime spring to early summer 2016). heard about all the hype with ordering, then orders being cancelled, prices going way over msrp, Walked into dealer about 6 weeks ago for a oil change, started b.s. ing with the salesmen who sold me my truck, he asked me if i knew anyone that wanted a hellcat at msrp? the light in my head sparked slightly asking him what color, b5 blue he said. Went home kinda was just trying to justify a 65,000.00 purchase, woke up next day called him told him I'll take it, now its just the waiting game on delivery, just like everyone else, but got very lucky on the dealer allocation and the timing of my oil change. haven't slept much lately, almost seems like a dream, hope i dont wake up. I'm not a guy with very deep pockets but i just paid off my house a year ago, so i guess another big payment for 6 or 7 more years, for a car of this caliber, what the hell. its a once in a life time opportunity i couldn't pass up.

• Like Like x 4
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Don, and welcome to the forum!! Hang out here with us ... we will keep you company while you wait! :)

April

3. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What April said.
    L J

4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome your going to love it.

I had a 68 Charger RT 4 speed A/C car had 40k original miles on it never been restored, was missing all the A/C stuff when I got it but I figure I was the 3 rd owner. sold it cause I love 70 Cudas and did not want to keep the Charger outside. ( should have kept that one)

5. don selleck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DON - 1968 charger underside work seams  repair prep and prime aug20 008.jpg DON - 20150717_133028.jpg Thank you april77 and ljaviation, glad to be here. bummer you sold your 68, 70 cuda. my 68 is kinda like one of my kids, hope it wont have to go for a long time, i've personally have 400 hrs of work into it so far, not to mention the body guy who thankfully is a good friend of mine so he's not hitting me so hard on the labor. RS was so gratious and checked my status which is "I" built pending inspection so hopefully my new kid will be here before the snow flies. here's a pic of my 68 on the rotisserie she should have paint on the bottom, trunk and interior in a few days.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fastback car? Big block or small block? auto or stick? I miss mine. Details please. What color you going with? Formula S car?
    LJ

7. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the new B5. Charger looks like its going to be a nice piece. You'll love the Cat when its home.

8. don selleck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    68 charger rt 440 auto original AA1 buffed silver black vinyl top black trunk stripe and black interior going with 1999 viper silver its more brilliant than AA1 should look close to this when finished next summer not sure on the rims might go with centerlines. DON - 20150719_220645.jpg DON - 20150719_221226.jpg keeping it stock looking with a built 440 hp block

Attached Files:

9. don selleck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thanks very much see your from tennesee, will be heading to nashville tomorrow for a few days to see family, was hoping to drive the cat, but no such luck.

10. don selleck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my window sticker just popped up, maybe tomorrow.................