Gas Mileage

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Bad Kity, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Bad Kity

Bad Kity Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not the sort of thing that we all were thinking about when ordered our cars. Just drove back from Chattanooga ranging from 70 to 75 MPH and averaged 26 MPG. Used the eco mode but still impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From South Carolina to Texas I averaged 21 mpg on Sport mode, now in my hometown League City, TX I'm getting 11 mpg in Sport mode.

3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good, on a road race track recently we were calculating it in gallons burned per lap!

I agree, it does get unbelievable gas mileage on the road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I went through 16.8 gallons in less than 77 miles on the road race track appx 26 laps. Computer showed 5.4 mpg. Sure was a LOT of fun!
    Best tanks so far were 18.9 and 18.3. That was during breakin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I get 24.+ mpg on road trips,
    On the 1/2 mile shootout 12+ runs 6 mpg

6. RichCat

RichCat Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm getting 15.9-16.8 mpg combined on around town and 40 mph roads with my 6M 1-3-5-6 shifting and some throttle jabs. Best mpg was 17.98 on a highway trip under 70-80 mph at 320 miles during breakin…lol. These are calculated values of actual gals pumped and miles on clock not car computer values which can be optimistic.
    Because the A8 cars use a 2.62 rear end ratio and their 7-8th gear is a taller over drive than the M6 (3.7 rear) has, the A8 can get better mileage than a M6 at the same highway speeds.
    6th gear of an M6 is a 2.33 ratio while and A8 in 6 th gear is 2.62 and .84, .67 of that ratio in 7 th and 8 th gear.
    I am finding I enjoy Mr. Frog's Wild Ride wayyy too much lately. This engine is sooo smooth revving and relatively quiet I find my self higher than necessary revving to feel the back pressure build…..and I am not talking about the exhaust….LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I ever look at gas mileage I need to sell the car. It is a 707 Hellcat, I glad that I can drive something that is this much fun.

8. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not to hijack, but agree, I did a 3.5mi track with bunches of WOT including a straight of over 1/2 mile. It was absolutely showing it could burn 1.5 gal per minute alright.

Where did you race out in CA? How did it do? Are you going to continue? PM me, we want to collect interested parties within the Hellcat Club who are interested in road racing these monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No to be a hater, but yes-mileage counts for me, not for the $$$ but for the range aspect.

This car with a little sound deadening (which I will be adding eventually) is an awesome GT (Grand Touring) car, and one of the things you want is RANGE. I wish it had a 25 gallon tank and had 20-30 more lbs of sound deadening (no tire/exhaust drone at highway speeds-I do like it loud and snarky when I am on it though), and able to knock down 25 mpg at 75 miles per hour. Impossible? I really don't think so with today's technology and multi geared transmissions-they are just all held to a price point.

I don't know if eco mode really works though but I would have gladly paid a few grand extra for the added comfort and capability.

We CAN have our cake and eat it too, just might have to hand over a few more bucks for it...

10. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, going to continue racing her...I still need to see 160 on the Fontana back straight. Upgrade on brake fluid is highly recommended. Seems to eat the tires pretty quickly also, but I was really pushing her!
    Pm on its way.

• Like Like x 1