Gauge and shifter lights cycle up a couple of times. Normal?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MuscleGarageLA, May 10, 2016.

1. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I noticed recently in my challenger that the gauge lights and shifter lights which usually go off after you lock the car, is now cycling up a few times before it goes off. After I lock the doors they go off and then come back on again. It repeats this cycle few times for 90-120 seconds, before eventually going to sleep. This is definitely taking longer than usual. Never happened before, as it use to go off within 15 seconds of locking the doors. Something is keeping the BUS awake.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? It doesn't happen like this on my charger, I confirmed the same. The lights go off once I lock the doors and don't come back on again. Maybe FNKYCHKN and others could chime in.

I have not installed any radar/detector or any other after market devices which could keep the ECU running.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've never experienced that issue.

3. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gremlins?

4. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They usually show up around haloween. But you never know. Good one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Your right. They have showed up. Last week I ended up with a dead battery. Thought maybe it was the 25 to 35 starts I had to do moving through the staging lanes between each drag race. Next morning the battery was down to 10.5 volts.

Used the battery charger & charged it. No more problems the rest of the week until last night after getting back from the track. Locked things up but spent some time in the garage this time & realized the gauge, center screen & shifter lights were NOT going out. Now that explains last week.

Tried everything I could think of to. Opened & closed doors. Turned down gauge light dials & other stuff. Nothing worked.

Finally had to disconnect the battery. Then It should down correctly.