GCC

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by JeffT, Aug 16, 2015.

1. JeffT

JeffT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Guys, I have a Hellcat in the UAE and its built to GCC specs (Gulf Cooperation Council) can anyone tell me what spec that actually is and how it differs from the States or Canada (if at all) ?? Want to ship it home to NZ and just trying to find out what I actually have (as in build apart from the obvious) as the dealership here cannot tell me ???

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You need to call FCA for what needs to be converted or the country DMV to which it's going to

3. JeffT

JeffT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks B5, yes got all that sorted and it can go home as it is but just wanted an actual build sheet off the VIN and was hoping someone could tell me from that what I actually have.

4. petehellcst

petehellcst Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    HI, Are you sure its GCC specs? I am in the UAE and there are no GCC specs available until 2016.

All the Hellcats here are from USA or Canada direct imports.
    Mine is from Canada.

5. JeffT

JeffT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks petehellcst :) That's exactly the info I was after, yes mine was built in Canada too but the RAK dealership said it was GCC spec ??, didn't sound right as I thought is was as you have just confirmed, Mine obviously was take it or leave it, its has the Sat Nav but an Alpine sounds system not the premium HK, what does yours have ?? Where about's in the UAE are you, would be nice to come for a cruise at some stage and catch up ?? Cheers Jeff

6. petehellcst

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    HI Jeff, Sad to say but so many dealers here cant be trusted. But really the GCC spec thing is just to put people off buying direct imports like us. They are often better equipped and never have any issues with the high summer temperatures.
    Guys i got mine from in Dubai i have dealt with for many years. If you need anything i am sure they can help out. I just had my first oil change done at the Dodge dealer here in Abu Dhabi, went ok, didnt let them wash it or drive it outside of the workshop.
    Mine came from a dealership in Ontario Canada, via Dubai and now proudly with me in Abu Dhabi.
    Would be good to meet up some time, there are still very few of us lucky Hellcat owners here in the UAE.

7. JeffT

JeffT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Pete, Any chance you could drop me your email address so I can drop you a line and ask a couple more questions re out here in the UAE ?? Cheers Jeff

8. petehellcst

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Jeff I sent you a PM.

9. ahmad1

ahmad1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    we hellcat owners in the UAE are lucky arent we . First one btw really pround to own this hell of a beast !