Genie HomeLink Programming

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Johnny Popcorn, May 17, 2015.

1. Johnny Popcorn

Johnny Popcorn Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello. Here is what worked for me to program a 2007 Genie garage door code into HomeLink. It is different than what's in the manual and posted in the forum:
    1. Hold down the HomeLink button to program. Have the hand held garage remote close and ready.
    2. Immediately hold down the hand held garage door remote button (this is the one that works)
    3. Keep them both pressed. It takes about 20 seconds. Wait until the flashing goes from very fast, to nothing then back to very fast. (This is the learning cycle.)
    4. Jump out of the car and press the learn button on the garage door controller
    5. Run back to the car and press and hold the same HomeLink button
    6. Hold down the HomeLink button. This holding down step takes about ten seconds. It will go from fast flashing to slow for a second or two. If you keep holding down the HomeLink button, the door will move. Programmed.
    I'm making a new thread because I didn't see this in any other threads. I may not be exactly correct in my instructions; please correct as necessary. But at least my HomeLink works with two Genie garage door openers.

Genie Notes: Genie controllers can only store up to seven remote devices. Then the controller starts dropping out the last one programmed from memory. For example, the eighth one programmed becomes the seventh stored device. The previously seventh stored device is dropped out and will no longer work. To erase all controller memory and start fresh, hold the learn button for about ten seconds until the learn light goes out. Then you can re-program up to seven devices.

Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. BlownHemi

BlownHemi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You typically start by holding the first and third buttons down to clear the memory. Then After the learn code button on the power head is pushed you usually have to push and release the home link button until the door moves....3 times normally.

3. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Question: when you folks press the 1st and 3rd buttons (for 20 sec) to clear the memory, does the Homelink light come on? Mine does not

4. Johnny Popcorn

Johnny Popcorn Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, the red light should flash. Make sure the car is on or in the Run position; not just in the Acc mode. From the manual:
    "To erase the channels place the ignition in the ON/RUN position and push and hold the two outside HomeLink® buttons (I and III) for up 20 seconds or until the red indicator flashes."
    Good luck!

5. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Run position: check
    Holding buttons I and III: check
    20+ seconds later: no flashing of light

6. Nutshell

Nutshell Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just seemed to press buttons randomly until it started moving the doors. Nothing worked as it was described in the manual lol.

7. Mr.FlySir

Mr.FlySir Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It worked! Thanks for taking the time to make this post... Everything was perfectly right. The Chargers programming was a lot easier than the challengers..... Hmm