Georgia half mile

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by Georgia cat, May 16, 2016.

1. Georgia cat

Georgia cat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for those interested,we ran the half mile this weekend.
    Saturday we made one pass and went 168 on blower only.
    Sunday we made a pass with nitrous and went 177 mph.
    When we tried a little bigger shot after that,we had to abort the run at the 4th to 5th shift because the torque management shut everything down.
    This is the same problem we ran into at Bowling Green,so we are going to go back to a bigger pulley to decrease torque.Hopefully we can then bring a little more nitrous in to make up for lost boost,but nitrous also brings torque increases so we will just have to see where it goes.We hope to be at the drag strip in a couple weeks.With stock suspension back in place,we hope to launch better and get into low 1.40 60 ft. times so that we can run 9.xx consistently.I will update everyone as we go!

Bottom line,as Many of you already know is,we will not be able to reliably use all the power we make until someone- looking at you HP tuners- comes up with transmission tuning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At what point in the half-mile did you hit the juice and what size shot? 177 is rollin!!

3. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Georgia CAT my wife saw 177 run and She told me that the RED Hellcat from Injected Engineering was flying high. 152 was my best but as a stock I'll take that until I'm ready for Tune.

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same issues that plague about four of us GC, but from what I've been told it looks like a long wait for trans tuning, I hate the words " torque Management" just means they have no clue what's going on....
    TC

5. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TC, I've seen outstanding number by HHP in 1/4" mile. Do you know what's the trap time for 1/2" Mile (I'm debating for off-season HHP or local Injected engineering - ofcourse, I'd be looking at the cost number too )

6. Georgia cat

Georgia cat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep,that's what we're hearing as well.After we get the suspension to work,I'm going to see what power we can put down consistently and see what we run.Im sure it will be in line with everyone else.
    After that,I may just stop pounding on it except for special events.
    Without a cage,there isn't much reason for more than our pump gas tune which will run low 10's.

• Like Like x 1
  7. C.K.

C.K. Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And it may come down to a encrypted tables that will never be tune able like the vipers have. I wouldn't hold my breath I doubt you'll ever see it. We had a car go into limp mode that just made mid 700's to the rear, but was a sub 10 second car so it's not just the so called 950+ hp cars that are affected.
    Dodge has tuned tables in the past for people that are "somebody's" but I'm afraid none of us would qualify, so I think the auto cars are going to be SOL.