Get involved! You can tell the EPA NO MORE ETHANOL!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by soundman5000, Jul 10, 2015.

1. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im not normally into politics but something needs to be done about ethanol. Like make it go away I say!

I found this website (link below) that will automatically prepare a letter to your Senators / US Representative addressing the issue of ethanol gas.

This works and I just received a letter back from my local representative addressing my letter and the issue of ethanol in our gas and the damage it does to small engines / boats / classic cars.

As I understand, talk is on the table about increasing the ethanol 10% alcohol content to 15%. Being that our Hellcats ( and most cars ) are only approved for 10% we as a people may need to put a stop to big corn or we may find we own a car that will not run on the gas we can buy.
    I say give us our 100% gas back. I like to eat corn not burn it!

Get Involved, you can use the link below to tell your local politicians you want your gas back!
    LINK:
    Action Center

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree.

3. KLR CAT

KLR CAT Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You realize ethanol is actually better for a high performance engine right? Try science And not politics on this one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I do realize ethanol can be better for a high performance car but by better that would be more power IF the car is properly tuned and modified / designed for the amount of alcohol that is blended with the gas.

Coming from a Turbo background forced induction I know with a proper tune and user modifactions of gas lines, pumps etc that the E-85 is sometimes called cheap mans racing gas. However, Ethanol is horrible for my Harley, boat and my 2002 Ford E250 6 cyl will not run on the stuff. Well It will run but I must push the gas pedel to the floor to get it to move!

My Hellcat will sit for long periods. When ethanol sits moisture becomes an issue. With any collector car I prefer 100% gas.

Our Hellcat as per the user guide says you can use up to E-10 or 10% alcohol in our gas. The issue is the EPA now knows better than Dodge and wants to increase the amount of alcohol in our gas to 15%. Our government is in the process of offering gas stations incentives to upgrade the pumps to deliver the 15% gas.

As I see it the issue will be our Hellcat user guide says over 10% will harm the car. If all we can buy is 15% or more alcohol gas we are going to have issues and your new Hellcat warrantee will not cover any damage.

As Jay Leno says " Give us a choice" If you want Ethanol more power to you but I dont like being forced to buy the crap and I don't like rebuilding carburetors in my Harley or having issues with the gas tank on my boat and I dont want to have an issue with my Hellcat that is designed to run on E10 if all we can get in a few years is E15 or E85. We the people just need to make sure we can buy what our car runs on in the future.

Link below: Can E85 damage your engine?
    E15 and Engines - Can Ethanol Damage my Engine

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. jgil

jgil Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sent my reply in! Hope it helps..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Done!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Partly true from a different position. Let us not forget global warming. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. KLR CAT

KLR CAT Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, I see your point if you are treating this as a collector car that sits. Or overall for non performance cars/motors. I tune and beat on my cars pretty good, so have no issues with ethanol other than the shifty milage. I still prefer mark II racing fuel if I can get it for the track.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BodybuildingSenior

BodybuildingSenior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392

10. BodybuildingSenior

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Most of the Republucan candidates now campaigning in Iowa right now are endorsing the ethanol industry. They all want to win the upcoming straw Iowa vote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DONE! Thank you!

I agree this is America...... Let me choose what I want to buy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There should be a choice but big brother will always be in our faces. I always wear my seatbelt and helmet on the HD but I don't like someone telling me I have to.

Honestly the only benefit to 100% gas would be a slight increase in gas mileage. Ethanol's 113 octane and cooling properties allows more timing and more power especially on forced induction engines.

13. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know what you saying but in my opinion the only way to keep big brother out of our face is to object.

It works, look what happened when Obama tried to stop production of green tip 5.56 ammo. The response was so great that with in like a week he said ok maybe I need to consider this more.......

If there is enough objection we can stop big brother dictating to us what we can or cannot do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. BodybuildingSenior

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392

15. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My take on this is why "burn up" perfectly good food. We as a nation, are now exporters of oil because of the shale sands recovery in the Dakotas and improved recovery techniques. We should also export our excess corn to the world as well. There will be a day when we won't believe that we once used a food crop to power our gas guzzling cars and trucks. I wonder if the ethanol industry is artificially propping up corn prices, or even helped to do so by the government. Time to change the way we do business in regards to this issue.