Getting ready to drop off my 16 for some work, so additional input?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Builds' started by parttimer, Nov 29, 2016.

1. parttimer

parttimer Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am looking at a pulley swap, injectors and crank pin along with a custom tune. Car is going to BFNY for the work since I live nearby. I originally went with a 2.65 but after some conversation switched to a 2.75 since I will be running pump gas. I have the injectors, and pin kit, waiting on the new pulley and the PCM is ordered. It was suggested to swap the lower pulley however I think that would be too much boost at the same time. I am looking for day to day driveability upgrades,, I don't want to steal any records. I already have my LMI intake installed. Car originally dynoed out at 612 bone stock. I see others running 2.85 as well as 2.75 so I think this should be a pretty safe setup.
    Any other input?

2. 1EVLCAT

1EVLCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go with the 2.85 if your running pump gas 93oct. I have the 2.85 pulley with tune,stock injectors, plenty of power.

3. parttimer

parttimer Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What is the difference power wise between the 2.85 and 2.75? I'd be sending back yet another pulley to swap to the 2.85. I have the injectors already as well.

4. 1EVLCAT

1EVLCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know what the difference is as far as 2.75 and 2.85. I know if your running pump gas you will risking it with the 2.75. Send your injectors back and change your rear diff to 3.09. Also you may want to change your drive shaft as well with a DSS on piece drive shaft.I have done these mods thats all you will need.I also found that the stock air box works the best.

5. MAXBOOST

MAXBOOST Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My plan is 2.75 and a retune.