GM 6 weeks order to delivery

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Jungle Cat, May 10, 2016.

1. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This should make most Hellcat guys here very jealous. My friend ordered a new Chevy heavy duty pickup in early April. Might actually be closer to five weeks to delivery. Car is due at dealer on May 17th. Dealer told him car must be delivered to dealer in 3 days. Not sure why Chrysler can't do the same as the number of Chevy trucks made dwarfs number of Challengers. My guess Chrysler is doing it in purpose?

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I see no reason Chrysler would delay an order. They don't get paid until the dealer receives the car. I assume they just took the lowest bidder to ship the cars and they got what they paid for...but just speculation....most HC orders are now being delivered in a timely fashion (most, not all)...Friend of mine ordered his PC HC from my dealer and received it 5 weeks later. Most of the people I know that have order 2016s received them within 6 weeks...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is good. Not sure why I keep readings posts where guys wait months?

4. TNCHARGER

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think most of the long wait complaints were the 2015s...though there are some 2016s being delayed for whatever reason...but I nobody I know personally had to wait more than 6 weeks..

5. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It looks like anyone ordering Gomango is on major hold. No one has seen one yet.

6. TNCHARGER

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same happened with the Plum Crazy. I think the limited edition colors are all ran at the same time. My friend ordered his PC the last week of Jan right before the deadline. He got his car about the end of Feb. Others that ordered when the PC first came orderable had to wait several months.

7. B5 HellCat

B5 HellCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer finally got allocation early March to reorder my 9-9-14 ordered car that FCA never built. Originally my POC showed a May 5th ship date which would have been about 8 weeks. That however has now been pushed back to May 23rd. And that's estimated ship date from factory. It'll take a few more weeks to arrive at my dealers! How they intend to stay in business treated loyal customers this way is beyond me!!!

8. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    My new SRT was 15 days from order placed to delivered at the dealer and 18 days from order to keys in my hand, only because I was out of town that weekend (it arrived at the dealer on Thursday night) and I had to wait until Monday to pick it up. Not sure why the Hellcats take so much longer.

9. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny how guys experiences with delivery are all over the place. I feel lucky to have found exactly what I wanted right off the truck. Right place right time.

10. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My '16 pitch black HC took 11 weeks from the day i ordered it.