SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Go-Pro Videos, Texas Mile Oct 2015

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  PlumTexasCrazy 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are the Go-Pro Vids from the Texas Mile Oct 2015. This was Sunday the last day where I "set" the record for an A8 stock engiend Hellcat at 182.2 mph and DevilDogHellcat set his record for fastest M6 at 179.1 mph.

This was my roughest launch to date (my second lol).

Even in 2nd gear easing it out and rolling on the throttle allowed for decent acceleration but with tremendous wheel spin. Yes, as you can clearly see, I was definitely coloring outside of the lines on this one, and at one point thought I was going off of the track and lifted. Apparently some kid (J.J.) took a video of me with tire smoke pouring from the rear all the way into third gear (maybe 70-80 mph) as the tail did an imitation of a salmon swimming up stream. He reported it to be a real "crowd pleaser." I almost told him it was a real "shorts cleaner" lol.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!"
Crunch!!

This one had wheel spin too, but not as severe. Result? 182.2 mph. I felt there was more to give. Interesting factoid=an 800,000 pound 747 takeoff speed is 180 mph...

Babied it and short shifted to 3rd before giving it the stick (the dash dyno never got above 690 hp? Was I really -20+ HP short in that cooler weather?!?!).
Either way, "The Brick" flew to 182.2 mph, fastest A8 stock engine Hellcat, methinks?

See less See more
Reactions: Snappycat
#7 ·
The field? Can't really say...wasn't paying too much attention to the others-sorry!

Roughly 30-32 seconds, depending on video. Stopping was never an issue, but I would generally try to drop the windows at under 100 mph to drag the car down a bit just on general pricipal-not because I ran out of brakes.. There was a ton of room to stop (1/2 mile+), but it was VERY scary during that one night run!

Reactions: devildoghellcat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.