Going to my first Cruise-In. Need muscle car etiquette tips from the pros

Discussion in 'Western States' started by Tammie, May 6, 2015.

1. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey everyone! I am going to take my Hellbaby to it's first cruise-in tonight. I have never been to one and not sure what the proper etiquette is or what I should do. I would love everyone's input (WOW! loaded question for this group!) I will be washing my baby at lunch today and do the wheels just before I go. Don't have a clue what to expect or do. I will share pictures once I get there. Maybe tape my phone to the bumper again! LOL
    Thanks
    Tam:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fiveinch

Fiveinch Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Drive it like you stole it, and flaunt whatcha got, miss!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Daisy Duke jeans shorts and halter top are required. As are photos.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Fiveinch

Fiveinch Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Seriously, though:

You'll get admirers, gawkers, posers and amateur/semi/professionals visiting you for a chance to see your Hellcat. My buddy and I took our cars (my Little Brother; he has a 2015 Chevy SS) to a gathering only to find the aforementioned convoluted by lack of age and maturity. Aside from a wrung-out Subaru with mods that out-value the cost of the original car, and a juiced/tuned CTS-V that rolled in, he and I didn't see any real competition of the hundred-or-so cars that gathered.

Just have fun, admire the works of others, ask questions and learn (if that's your interest), and...my personal tack...be humble (likely not a stretch for you).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Show up with the radio as loud as it will go, windows down. Get to the middle of the parking lot and do the biggest burnout you can. That should put you in good standing with everyone.

OR.....

Show up, back into a parking space, turn off the car, open the hood and windows, and sit back and watch all the people drool as they look at your car. Be prepared for a lot of people asking the same questions (when asked how fast will it go, the best answer is "point five past light speed"). Bring a lawn chair to sit in. Have a bottle of spray shine and soft cloth to wipe the car when you get there. There has to be someone selling ice cream or I won't attend. It is a requirement for any cruise I go to. Walk around, look at the other cars, have a good time. And watch for young children with bad parents. The parents will let their kids touch your car, run their toy car over your hood, and spill soda on the doors. When you ask them to watch their kids, the parents will tell you to mind your own business and call you names. There is nothing else you have to do except show up and take pictures.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A few tips...

1. Corvette guys - Don't tell them you don't drive a Vette, they'll shun you.

2. Mustang guys - Show tolerance and do not question their sexual preference unless you want to tick him and his boyfriend off.

3. Hot Rod guys - A bunch of beer drinking dirty old men...My kind of people.

4. Ricers - Avoid eye contact and never speak to them. Eventually they will just go away.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Watch out for the dumb a$$ that thinks he is a professional wheel man because chances are he is not!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Better off just sitting back and letting them come to you...your probably more of a car person then most of them anyway.... once they see you have the six speed, and you tell them you bought it because you wanted the driving experience, they will not say anything but very cool...oh btw. Most corvette people are a holes.....Not all, but most.....Just enjoy and tonight, tell us the story's

• Like Like x 1
  9. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    just when you think you've heard it all....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Tammie, don't be nervous. They will come to you. They will stare. They will ask questions. They will take pictures. And you will soak it all up like a sponge and be jonesing for your next cruise-in. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Always Do!
    Not happening!!! Hellcat T and shorts (not short shorts)
    So, the first part would be what I do everyday in my parking lot at work! LOL:D
    I'm really hoping to see my Corvette nemesis so I can call him out and get him to open track night! He has been avoiding me since I got the Hellbaby!
    Yeah, I plan on staying with the Mopar guys, just in case.
    I definitely plan on checking out all the awesome cars! I will try to just listen and learn.
    hehe!
    Excellent info. I think you are probably exactly right on this one!

Thanks everyone! Great input so far. I am really excited and need to sneak out of work early to get my Hellbaby ready. Of course, it poured yesterday and its nice today so I have some cleaning to do. :D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. TexasTorred

TexasTorred Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy. Have a good time. My thoughts:
    • Try to go with a friend (in your vehicle), and/or:
    • Go with other Mopar owner(s)....
    Hate to say it, but you can each watch each others vehicles.... You'd be amazed. Nothing against car lovers, but let's just say "once upon a time" a mom/son decided to hop in my viper, turn on the radio and spark up a cigarette (the mom)--- while I stepped away.....Yes, it happens.

Do NOT let this stop you from going though---just be cautious and aware. Try to get there early and get a good (WIDE) spot. Also, as you own a hellcat, be 'ready' for the umpteen stories from Corvette and Camaro owners how they're supercharged as well and putting 1,000hp to the real wheels, etc. Just smile and say....'wow' ... Enjoy!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you. I will not be stepping away at all! I'm like momma bear with my Hellbaby. I will use the restroom before I go and won't drink anything until I'm ready to leave. I plan on guarding my car and having my 15 year old daughter with me (she is really mean!) She can take me when we grapple! LOL If I can't get a wide spot, I won't park. It will be just a cruise through for me if I can't find a safe parking spot! :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would buy some car color matching glitter and sprinkle it all around your car like a halo....also i would make a large cardboard stencil of the HC logo......put it on the ground and glitter the hell out of it..let them know its a HC and its a star

(i know a GT500 guy who does the halo around his car at car shows with glitter)

also protect your hole from everyone fingers (your headlight intake hole)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. c_u_in_hell

c_u_in_hell Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That you're even concerned about etiquette puts you in an elite class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1