Golling joins the ranks of dirty dealers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by LelandJim, Jun 23, 2015.

1. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Golling, who I have recommended here, has gone bad.
    I have bought cars there for thirty years...my son ( this year) my daughter, my father, my ex-wife, my daughter in law and many friends, as well.
    Bought a Hellcat there, MSRP, fast delivery, etc. We then ordered one for my wife...confirmed MSRP but it was caught in VON hell and would have rolled to 2016.. Cancelled that one.
    Last night they called with a Hellcat order abandoned by the purchaser....MSRP and firm price, tax, tags out the door. Just what my wife had wanted. I agreed to buy.
    Today they want 15,000 over.....
    They sell 600-700 cars a month..surely 15K is nothing in their world. They want customer loyalty...but no longer give loyalty back.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Bluesun

Bluesun Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's a real shame. I will never understand why 'good' dealers completely alienate customers in the name of greed. In my years of car shopping and buying, I've written off probably half of the dealers I've dealt with. Liberty Ford in Parma, OH is probably one of the worst ones I've ever dealt with (incredibly scammy, to the point that I flat out walked out the door shaking my head), but they all seem to be at least a little scumbag-y these days. Does customer loyalty not matter anymore because they know they have buyers by the balls? You can only buy a car from a dealer, period. You legally have no choice but to go through them.

3. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks...interesting the sales guys there post the " Dodge calls out dealers for scamming customers "'story...now it fits them.

4. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear that. I had called them a stand-up dealer too.

5. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No longer...wonder what changed.

6. pink68

pink68 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm having to pay ADM for my ordered Challenger. Makes me upset still. My wife was particularly irked too. Two weeks ago when she bought her Z06/07 convertible she had been thinking about a Viper from them. Not a chance. $110K car and she is as happy as can be NOT buying the Viper. I don't know if she will ever tell them but it will always be in the back of her mind I think.

7. HELLKAT_NY

HELLKAT_NY Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $$$

8. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear that. My last 5 Chrysler vehicles were all bought at different dealers, not for lack of trying to give them repeat business but due to shitty ethics. My 6th will be from yet another dealer.

I've also noticed that none of the salesmen I buy from originally are still working there when I return for another car.

9. HELLKAT_NY

HELLKAT_NY Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've purchased over 40 cars in the last several years. All dealers are in some or all ways scammers. I have grown to trust a dodge dealer here in westchester. I text the sales manager often and we talk about things other than cars also. Could be because I purchased 9 cars from him in the last 2 years. The owners motto on the HC was if you never purchased a car from the dealership it's 10k adm, one car $5k, more than one MSRP. They even took back my scat with 20 miles on it when the may 28 allocation opened. And that wasn't an easy thing to do. Also, they turned down another dealer who called them and offered $10,000 for their incoming HC not to scam their customer. I'm in the market for a DD now also while waiting on my HC to be built next week and I'm looking in a different direction with the new Mazda cx3 coming out and I'm cringing at the fact I'm waking in naked not knowing anyone at the dealership. I honestly hate the dealership. I walked in the other day in uniform to question about when the release was and they didn't give me the time of day. Wish the dealership I trust had something I liked. I have also used Hartford insurance auto buying which is pretty good pricing.

10. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What did the two members pay (over sticker) last week for those two sublimes they had picked up from Golling. i use them for service but I didnt purchase mine from them ????

11. Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I picked mine up at MSRP

12. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will call my sales rep there. as I was told their motto is nothing is sold over MSRP. I saw a Challenger Scat pack sell less then one day there and during my visit they sold a Super Bee Charger. It would e interesting as to the names representing the dealer that said this, just seems totally out of their character

13. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    John Lewis made the deal..then next day said he mentioned "might be available "
    I believe a strike price and a " we need your cc in the AM or it will go into inventory " is more than a " might be available"
    Sales manager Joe Ellsasser took the stance " might be " was the story.
    Mentioned he could order one at MSRP...really?? Sublime, A8, Sepia, Nav, All season tires, black satin hood....not possible Sublime gone.
    He should know that...they should stand behind deals their sales people make.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I
    Okay, I agree, something is not right.

15. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is just so unlike them...but pi**es me off nonetheless.