Good to have friends in low places...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WindowShaker, May 18, 2015.

1. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So this weekend my girlfriend organized a community yard sale for our neighborhood. I ended up getting to know one of her friends' husband who lived down at the end of our street and is also a deputy sheriff who's also a member of the local SWAT team. Been living there almost a year and a half and had only met him once at a neighbors party and never really had a chance to get to know him since he works nights. We walked up to his house and for a beer and he proceeded to show me his fully automatic SWAT gun and a couple other guns he had in his cruiser's trunk :):):) and started talking about the new cop car he had just been issued. It was a new Ford Caprice and he said it is FAST. He then asked me if I own the red Challenger at the end of the street. I said "No, that's just an R/T. I own the green Hellcat." His eyes got REALLY big and he got all excited and said "Man, I'd love to go for a ride in that sometime!" Who am I to deny a man a ride in the Hellcat?

We headed out of the neighborhood and got onto a 4 lane road that doesn't see much traffic and I told him I like to make a pass first to make sure there aren't any state troopers before I open her up a little bit. He said "Yeah, those state boys are d*cks and us local boys call them traffic b**ches." :D:D After going about 2 miles up the road, I turned around and asked him if he wanted me to open it up a little. "HELL YEAH!!" I quickly took it up to a little over 130 and he was smiling from ear to ear. After doing a quick run up to 80 after turning at the light near our neighborhood, he said "This thing will blow my Caprice away!" Ya think? Of course, I said the PC thing..."Yeah but it can't outrun your radio."

We got back to his house and were standing outside talking when my girlfriend asked him "What would you have done if you guys had gotten pulled over?" His response: "Got out and run."

Good to know you can count of the police when you need them. :mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL I love this story thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    what a nice story. Always nice to meet new people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    awesome story indeed...made a new friend today didn't we??? ahhhh lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that a good one, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL! Love it, sounds like you had a great time!

April

• Like Like x 1