Got a call from Dealer - looking to sell me a Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by RDLSRT, Dec 26, 2014.

1. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Helfman in Houston Texas called me today asking if I wanted to buy a black on black, Auto Hellcat.

Told me someone backed out of the sale. They told me they were getting 10 to 15k above MSRP, told her not to call me unless they had a Tri Coat Red, at MSRP.

I know I wasn't the first person she has called. Looks like people are getting tired of waiting and getting screwed over for price. Hang in there and we will get a Cat at the price we are willing to pay.

But anyone looking call them up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They will probably find some poor soul willing to pay it, but there can't be that many left. This spring I think the advantage goes to the buyers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    someone will pay $5k over......i think the days of $20k over are already done

soon it will be msrp in a few months

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep I totally agree.. I inquired about one about 10 days ago. They listed it on the internet for MSRP, but when I called they said it was really $89,995. They called me on Monday asking if I was interested in their Christmas sale going and they offered it for $84,995..

I said please call me when you get serious about selling it, I won't pay over MSRP

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. SinisterKitty

SinisterKitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Helfman called me today as well. I actually went there when I was first looking for a Hellcat. They put in a buyers order form for me. I told them I was willing to pay 5k over MSRP and they weren't interested. My salesman there sucked. The women who called today, Lorie, she's pretty good. Looks like they are calling everyone on the list and maybe willing to go down to 5k over. I am not sure though, just an assumption.

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well maybe some rapper will come buy one over MSRP like the one who tried to buy mine without waiting in line for 6 months.

7. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with Dak59RT... If we just hold out, we'll get our cars at our price.. These scam dealers are trying to cash in while they can.. They had better enjoy while it last, because unfortunately for them this is NOT going to be a limited produced car.. As we all know this power train (and that's basically all it is) is also going in the Chargers after the 1st of the year.. Plus Ford & GM are going to be right behind them with they high HP car.. I'm here in Detroit and I've seen these Monster Mustangs roaming the streets going through testing.. Dodge better run with the ball while they can.. Just Sayin..

8. CU89

CU89 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prices are definitely coming down. A sublime manual just sold on eBay and they barely got $10k over MSRP (only sold for $72,900, window sticker listed MSRP at $61.9k)

9. Sandro

Sandro Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ju
    just supporting bad behavior.... Hope all these people are kicking themselves in the pant in a few months. same thing was happening with new vettes last summer... I just keep assuming the dodge people are actually business people and at some point would like to sell as many of these expensive cars as they can...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The complant on the Mustang is that it is cramped for space. If their new design solves some of this, getting to over 800HP with their current motor requires only small changes and a light tune. It will be some 400 pounds lighter and a serious competitor.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thats the first one I've seen sell in awhile with most not meeting the insane reserves.

12. LForst

LForst Driver of Badassery

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree ,several dealerships in Northern Calif are sitting on 20k over
    Pisses me off ,two of them are my exact build

13. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, if Dodge/Chrysler wants to turn this "power train" pkg into a Viper type of deal, I say have at and we will all go buy something from the competition.. lol, you think they would have learned from the way over priced Viper.. Most people wouldn't even buy that car if it was even priced the same as the new Vette..lol..I guess all of this "Hysteria" has been created by greedy dealers and frantic "the sky is falling" consumers who just had to get there hands on the first ones just incase they don't make anymore..lol.. People like that are morons, let's just face it.. lol...

14. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So glad I didn't have to hunt all over. #1 on Challenger list at a local dealer back in July with deposit put down, no markup, delivered 12/26. #1 on list for Charger at another local dealer with deposit put down early December, also no markup. For the Charger, I didn't even contact them initially, they contacted me (we bought our 2010s there). I admit we were extremely lucky on both.

I agree that they're running out of people to pay the large markups, if any at all... :)

15. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine putting $15-20K down on a car and haven't even touched the sticker price. I do ok but not enough to blow that kind of cash. I am considering trying the Mecum auction experience if this falls through. Anybody tried it before?