GOT A VIN FOR SECOND ORDER

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Beeman, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've had a order since Sept. for a Hellcat Challenger. I was 4th at my dealers list out of 5, they stopped taking orders in October. (not all dealers are greedy)
    Been always pestering them (Owner, GM and Salesman) since my order was placed, with no updates on my VON. Like we say in "VON BX HELL" for seven months and counting (for all 5 they had on order).
    In Dec. when ordering opened for the Charger my GM ordered one and asked me if i wanted my name on it (probablly to get me off their back) I said still want a Challenger and passed on it. Guess what the car arrived the end of Jan. A week after that I was at the dealers to torment, pester and ready to kill to get a VIN or to get any info on my order, I spotted the Hellcat Charger outside in front of the showroom. Now this is a new ball game I'M IN LOVE again, for not having laid eyes on a Charger in person
    Finally hunted down the GM (i swear they disappear when they see me coming) asked him if he had news on my VON, once again NOTTING still in BX. Asked about the Charger outside, informed me it was sold 2 days ago on the inerweb to a buyer in Quebec, Canada awaiting shiping to its new home. He tells me the district rep tells him his order for his demo (Jan 17/15) is being built for April June delivery, and asks me if i want it? Begs the question what demo are you going to drive for the summer? He replies i have a Viper on order and they ar'nt as saleable or in demand like the Hellcats.
    The Charger is fully loaded, ordered with everything axcept the Satin Black Roof and Laguna Leather with the colours i ordered the Challenger with (only with more goodies).
    Now i'm in a dilemma! What to do? Had to make a dicision! I will take it i said providing i dont receive a VIN for the Challenger before the Charger gets delivered, otherwise i will wait for my first choice.
    GM calls me on Mach 23rd, tells me he has VIN's for my Charger and 2 Challengers but not my Challenger. Now i'm 3rd on his list someone cancelled their order and i moved up from 4th spot. Today RS says Charger has moved up to D1. WHAAAAAAO!!! "EXPLICITLY FLABBERGASTED" Hearts pounding thinking i'm going into a coronary. Actually my heart is with the 2 door, allready own a 4 door 2009 SRT Super Bee.
    FCA has us running in circles, frustrated, anxious, sleepless with this whole process, (taken years off my life) for what a car, a HELL of a car though!!!! With us Canadians to date have received a little more than 300 Hellcats or about 9% of total production since July 2014, 9 months and counting. I feel for you all.
    Apologies for going on and on, and the rants. Leaning towards the Charger. When it comes in will have to reasses again.
    WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW 2 choices...and in Canada no less. Go with your gut, but sleep on it for a night or 2. When you think about driving around in a HC, what car do you see yourself in? Can't go wrong either way..good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I couldn't have said it better, ditto what he said and thanks I didn't have to type that much LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask yourself if you are going to be satisfied with the Charger, or are you going to still be longing for the Challenger? That will give you the answer you seek. Do what feels right to you. They will be making Challenger HellCats next year, too. I am looking forward to hearing what you decided ... it is all exciting, and I am happy for you!

April

5. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your kind words April!! I'll keep everyone in the loop

• Like Like x 1