Got an opinion? HA of course you do!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by MrBigKid, Feb 22, 2015.

1. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Update: Please feel free to coment if you wish. Any thoughts are appreciated, however I did get my HC on Wednesday and I ended up going for Granite. :)

:D

Today I found some time to go to the local dealer. Nice timing with them closed and their back storage lot open. :) I currently have an order (no von :() so changing colors is unfortunately still possible. I was also going to pick my desperation colors in case I decided to pick one off a lot.

I was finally able to see a redline red up close. After 6 years with my torred mistress I think I might have to switch... That redline was awesome. In some light it was almost as bright as my baby and at another angle it had a deep darker color.
    One thing that was disappointing for me when I first saw torred with ruby interior, is that the colors didn't match very well. I was hoping for a brighter red. I haven't yet seen a redline and ruby combo but I think it would be a closer match. The wife is totally against it. She thinks I am trying to settle and talk myself into other colors so I can buy now rather than wait for exactly what I want. Some truth to it but not a lot.

So, I have some questions, and I welcome your opinions although I will eventually make the decision my self. I would however like to hear others since I might be missing something. Also because I am bored. :D

I'm also attaching pics of my baby next to the reddline in case someone is still trying to decide. Really highlights the differences.

Questions:
    Does the extra paint make it more durable? My torred has very thin paint.
    Any special maintenance for it over torred? I keep mine clean and waxed as best I can and I think it still looks good.
    Any thing else I should consider?

Take your time, I have plenty of it...

front match.jpg rear match.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm waiting for my torred to come in. If you're going to go red, I don't see getting the redline. If you have to get a different color, go way different...black or white. IMHO of course.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like the brighter red. I'm not a paint expert but I would wait for what I really want or settle for the next thing on your list

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like them both, but the redline IMO nudges out the torred if I had to choose. In fact I found a dealer over the weekend with a redline coming in that isn't spoken for. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow if its mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't care for Redline at all... (No offense to anyone)

It is my least favorite color offered on the Hellcat. If it is between those two...Torred all the way.

Sublime, silver, white, torred, granite, phantom black, pitch black, jazz blue, B5, and redline. In that order... All I have is time as well...lol

6. HotzoneAZ

HotzoneAZ "Living the Dream!"

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    At first I was anxious about the red. You know the fade issue, "arrest me Red" theory, "too much" red.... But now, No way in hell would I trade my Redline for another color and certainly not the TorRed. Thought about stripes, but this color is enough. It shines beyond belief, sparkles with the Tricoat Pearl, and looks awesome with the matte black wheels. Everyone loves the car and the color. The interior is the perfect match, not too red, but at little burnt orange-red that really sets off the black leather accents, with the red seatbelts in the same color family. Nope, wouldn't trade it for any other color. Worth the wait. .......Oh, did I tell you? ..... :D I LOVE MY SEXY RED HELLCAT!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hot ride

8. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Black has ALWAYS been my favorite color :) however a LOT of people have black and keeping my torred looking good is a constant battle.
    Definitely not interested in the x2 black battle!

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think if you get either, in a timely matter, you will be very happy,,I really like the redline red , torred as you know is loud in your face and timeless, that's why I bought it,,redline is a very cool color and is at its best in sunlight

10. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Until today I would have sworn the same. Torred is what is on order but...

I seen that somewhere. Hope you get lucky! I'm keeping my eyes open but can't say I am trying very hard now. Lots are going to be slim pickings soon I think.

Guess I won't be alone in purgatory then... cheers! :)

11. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can't ask others this very personal question. That's like asking guys on a forum which underwear they prefer. Picking a color, outside or inside is such a personal choice, like picking a handgun...it's all about feel, about what fits you personally...no one else can answer that question but you. Decide what YOU like, not your friends, not us, not a brother, friend or other relative or acquaintance likes, but what YOU like. Period.

Put on your big girl panties and make a choice...for YOU...

Originally I put my order in for TorRed with black Laguna interior, I prefer the brighter red, the one Dodge chose for all of their ad material...it's definitely photogenic. But after a couple months, I got to see a member here get a Jazz Blue, with Sepia interior...and I was smitten. For me, it is such a beautiful and dramatic color on the outside..and a very expensive looking color on the inside (would ONLY choose Sepia with Jazz Blue outside), as if I can smell the supple leather from just the pic.

It's all about what YOU want. You are ordering a car, waiting on it...or paying way above MSRP to get what you want....SO GET WHAT YOU WANT.

This is such a personal thing. Friends can make recommendations, but NO one else can actually make you feel about how a Glock, Beretta, H&K, S&W, Colt, 1911, Dan Wesson, CZ, revolver or semi-auto. You are going to have to hold them, shoot them, see how they feel in your hand, the amount of kick, how wide the grip is, trigger feel, sight picture, mag release, slide lock, cleaning and maintenance, reliability, etc.

This is one of the MOST personal choices. Don't rely on us. Rely on YOU. What do YOU want? Make that choice for YOU...no one else....

• Like Like x 1
  12. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Then why is your profile pic and signature Jazz Blue?

13. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow sweet car! Definitively a sweet ride.
    Hard to tell from the pics, does the ruby match close to the redline color?
    One thing I know I want is the ruby interior. Definitely tired of the 2009 grey.

14. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would have said the exact same thing. I have same color and interior. I love my Hellbaby image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And there she is,,I was going to pm you,, you must be very busy, you have not been around