Gotta give Kudos...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Toolman_42, May 25, 2016.

1. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So my second visit to Fair Oaks CDJR in northern VA to use the second one of my free oil changes. I didn't buy my Charger HC there but they are close to where I live. 7:25 pm appointment so I rolled in at 7:15 pm. Quick and friendly drop of keys, then off to wait. No sooner had I sat down and I hear my beast start up. Back over to the window I went and my Charger HC pulling into the bay and work getting started. Certainly great to have an appointment start on time. Great beginning!

Sales...the not so good part. So I walked the showroom and they have two Charger HCs (PCP and Black) and a Challenger HC (Black w/matte black hood). All have an ADM so I talked with one of the sales people telling them they would get some action on them at MSRP but not over. Mentioned that there were over 1800+ listed on Cars.com and got that Victrola Dog look. Huh? Relayed to her that there are lots of them on the market and the ones that are moving are at MSRP or below. She related that their management was still holding firm on the ADM even though they have had offers of MSRP and rejected them. She relayed that the same thing had happened with a prior year Viper that eventually sold for less than MSRP. So you can't fix stupid so they will have to learn on their own.

Back to the service side! Seems that they must have new management because the car is finished in short time. They track me down to say vehicle is ready. While getting my paperwork, the service writer mentioned that the Tech also emptied my catch can (I always do it as part of an oil change but they went the extra mile). Wow...something done quickly and with a few extras thrown in. Gotta say that it was a great experience and I'll certainly be back to use my other free oil changes in the future!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have to wonder about the ignorance on the market of these cars. I think they are still hopeful they can hook a gotta have it now fish, I think for the most part the seas have been fished out of those and they will get stuck with them then lose at the end of the year when they have to sell cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has 4 HC's on the floor with a 20K ADM:eek:. I spoke with top mgt and they admitted that they would sell at MSRP.:rolleyes:

4. Phisco65

Phisco65 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This was one of the places I tried to buy from. The swore they were selling at MSRP and we came to an agreement over the phone. I sent them a deposit and I booked a flight to VA from FL. The day after, they sent over the purchase sheet. They were hiding the mark-up in taxes and fees. They refunded the deposit but I was out the airfare.

5. DemonSkip

DemonSkip Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I must have called 30+ dealerships around the country that had a '16' B5 HC Chargers on the lot. Every single one of them had 15-20k ADM on them. None of them wanted to budge. I had 70k cash in hand. Guess they'll sit...