Great Service Department: Las Vegas

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by RobM, Jul 25, 2015.

1. RobM

RobM SRT Hellcat Lunatic!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I needed to get the fuel rail recall completed and have some of the flashes done to my Cat. Of course I wasn't going to let some hack rookie tech touch my Cat so I started phone interviewing the dealerships in town. Most treated me like I was nuts because I was asking for a SRT tech and having some other requests like don't wash it, don't test drive it without me and let me go in to the shop to speak with the tech.

I finally called Prestige CJDR and spoke to their Service Manager named JR. He was professional and totally understands the mindset of a Hellcat owner. He put the part aside for me and told me to come in first thing Saturday to get my Cat fixed.

I got there early and when the doors opened, he personally greeted me and had me pull my Cat into the service drive. He told the advisor that nobody drives my Cat except the shop foreman who will be working on it. He also had all of the TSBs printed out and waiting for me. He then introduced me to the shop foreman who carefully pulled my Cat into his stall which is visible through the window. About a 1/2 hour in, he called me in to the shop during the repairs to show me what he was doing and asked me if I had any questions. The shop was busy but clean and everyone treated me great. I added an oil change to the repair order and the tech came out to show me that he is using only the factory spec'd oil and filter and assured me that he knows the proper procedure on a HC oil change.

I wanted to pass this great experience along to my fellow Hellcat.org family members because I read about other people's bad experiences. If you're in Vegas and need service, call JR. I told him about this forum and he said he'd give everyone the same level of service. Just call ahead because they get busy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Carson... maybe we'll hook up if I ever get my Cat!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm glad you had a good experience. Did you put your Cat in valet mode? Happy with my local dealer that services my ride but still wary of everyone.

By the way, I'm in Vegas for the weekend. Are there many Hellcats running around?

4. RobM

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No need for valet mode because my Cat won't leave my sight. The dealerships policy is that no one drives a customer's Cat without the customer or without the customer's consent. I like that.

In regards to other Cats in Vegas, I've seen 1 black, 1 Ivory and a Sublime. I know there are a few more, I just haven't seen them yet. Cars & Coffee in Henderson gets about 200 cars a weekend and the LV Challenger Club shows up the first Saturday of every month. It's worth showing up to if you're in town.

5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Rob. I know where I'll be going from now on! Hey I just saw your Cat was built on the Marine Corps birthday. Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad it went well....you stated their busy....wonder why?...Customer Service:)
    Just curious, did you happen to see any Vipers there? usually a good sign they have a qualified SRT technician on site ( or to be PC, a Level III technician who happens to be qualified to work on the SRT Hellcat:rolleyes:)

7. RobM

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No Vipers in service, it's a smaller shop with only 14 bays. I did go to the showroom briefly to see if there were any Cats there but it was Catless. I didn't see any Vipers either just lots of trucks and Jeeps in this part of town.

8. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Still, glad it went well.
    Oh,BTW..build #457:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm amazed the service went well for you, and very happy for you. They are a Vegas dealer known for huge ADM's along with their sister store in Henderson, Towbin Dodge. The 'Chopper' ain't chop'in any prices on Hellcats.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. RobM

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree. I wouldn't even consider their sales department. The admin was $25k when I was shopping and I would never participate in that circus atmosphere when buying a car. However, the service department gets it and really impressed me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good to know. I'll keep them in mind for service since I'm going through there all the time. St. George, Utah dealer pretty much sucks for service. You're right about the circus.

12. WANACAT

WANACAT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the heads up Rob. Good to know for those of us in Vegas.

13. RobM

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What's the status of your Cat? Is she on her way home yet?

14. rusw1

rusw1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info Rob. I was in there the other day and asked if they had an SRT tech for the same reasons. They seemed pretty decent but I have yet to have them perform any service.

15. RobM

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Call ahead of time and ask to speak to JR (not junior) the Service Manager.