Greetings from Las Vegas...Just Closed My Deal

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by WANACAT, Jun 29, 2015.

1. WANACAT

WANACAT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey all, just closed my deal on a Chally in Pitch Black, M6, that was unspoken for in West Virginia...at MSRP no less. "Beyoncé" will have a new home in Sin City in about 10-14 days. I'm so stoked I can't even put it into words...its been a year long obsession that has finally become reality.

Huge thanks to our own madcat75 for putting a ton of legwork in lately on 'cats that are either in-transit or unspoken for. He's been prolific on the Hellcat Purchasing thread, all the while making it known how badly he too wants one of these vehicles. Anyone who gets a vehicle based off the info he's been providing owes him a debt of gratitude.

And, in spite of all of the dirty, douchey, greedy, ADM-applying dealers out there, there are a few shining stars. I picked mine up from Rico at Astorg Dodge and at no point was an ADM even a consideration on their end. Class act dealership with a class act staff. They even tolerated some hiccups with the financing process and didn't drop me for the next guy that came calling. So a big thanks goes out to them, too.

Can't wait to finally experience what everyone has been talking about. Thanks in advance for the hospitality and for this group being the ultimate resource that made my dream a reality.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's time..... fred-sanford-dancing-o.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats!

4. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    ...just make sure you check the paint and is happy with the finish BEFORE you take delivery.

5. WANACAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I literally danced just like Redd...

SO. STOKED.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WANACAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will do...I'm having her shipped with all packaging left in place and in tact. I asked them to PDI with all of it in place.

And to further make my point about Rico being the epitome of customer service, he's throwing in one of them there fancy Hellcat car covers to protect her while in transit to my home. Astorg Dodge deserves as much Hellcat business as their allotments will allow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Grtz on scoring a HellCat, and it sounds like you got a fabulous dealership!! I am happy with my dealership, also, but as you said, the good ones are few and far between!

April

PS - Don't forget to post pictures when it gets home, please! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I must have been lucky... my car was built on a Tuesday and no paint imperfections at all...

• Like Like x 1
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    great news :)

10. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was just at Astorg's this morning to get my 09 Challenger state inspection!

11. Supercharged_Fun

Supercharged_Fun Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats!

12. WANACAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Careless, sorry to hear that brother. I've been working the deal for the last 4 including the weekend because of some issues my local credit union had with the out of state purchase. Regardless, those issues have been ironed out (with a new lender), and the car is actually still in transit. If that is your local dealership, you may want to see what they are looking at allocation wise and see if you're willing to compromise on some things that you want as far as colors and options. Like for me, black wasn't really my first option with the Vegas heat and the dust that inevitably comes from living in the desert. However, times are tough with this car...VONitis as I like to call it is running rampant and you may be better served by exploring vehicles that have simply been allocated or have been abandoned by someone who ordered it and got sick of waiting. The cars are out there...check madcat75s posts in the purchasing forum. Now, although many of them have a heavy ADM on them, several he has posted leads on have only $5k markups and I'm sure they can probably be negotiated down a bit. I guess to sum it up, if you are willing to compromise, you may have to change your handle from Catless to Catmore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WANACAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess I should take my own advice and change mine to GOTACATo_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm thinking by the time the 16s start rolling MSRP will be no problem starting to see them on lots not up here in Canada yet but everyone who wanted one bad has one or got in early guys like me want one but I can wait I'm price protected eventually we will get one don't pass your hard earned money away on these slime balls who want mark up let then sit in it and get no other ones

15. WANACAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Absolutely Big Block...any 2015s still on the lots by August or September are going to get their prices chopped to something quite reasonable, potentially sub-MSRP if they sit long enough (and you're a sound negotiator).

I agree, do not patronize these dealerships and pay their insane ADMs. It is counter to everything Kuniskis and Dodge wanted for this vehicle. My local gougers won't get anymore business from me. Maybe if their allotments grind to a halt and the only cars they get to sell are ordered units at MSRP they will see the light. Bide your time or wait for the perfect opportunity. I've shopped all over the western states for this car...NV, CA, OR, WA, UT, ID, AZ, CO...everywhere they were going for $10k-$30k over sticker. The Midwest and Ohio Valley actually have integrity and are the ones selling this car at MSRP or maybe a LITTLE higher. I figured spending an extra $1500 to transport my vehicle at MSRP felt a lot better than spending money at a dealership that doesn't deserve, or frankly, need it.

• Agree Agree x 1